Shopping Discussion

FedEx is completely incompetent - what can I do?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2011 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 10, 2009
80 posts
35 upvotes

FedEx is completely incompetent - what can I do?

I've honestly never seen a more incompetent company. A few weeks ago I had to send in a phone for repair. It was repaired then shipped back to me. To my surprise, my tracking number said delivered to Receptionist/Front Desk. I live in a house. I was like WTF? But not only that, but the person that signed for it spelled my last name completely wrong. So of course, I called my shipper and asked them to file a claim. It took FedEx 3 WEEKS to reply to my shipper, and all they said was the claim was going to be denied because Fed says "they delivered it to the right place." Now my shipper keeps saying that they can't do a shipping claim because FedEx won't do anything. FedEx also won't let me open a claim. They say that my shipper has to.

FedEx clearly didn't deliver it to the right place and now they refuse to do anything as well. They've confirmed my shipping address with me a million times so I know they don't have the wrong address. I have also tried putting in dozens of variations of my address in Google maps, but they all came back with the right result so I know there is no way they could have confused it with another. So now I've been stuck without my phone for over 2 months and FedEx refuses to do anything.

Does anyone have advice for me? I don't know what else to do as they won't stop telling me the same thing.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
panzival wrote: Does anyone have advice for me? I don't know what else to do as they won't stop telling me the same thing.
Perhaps Julie Matthews, " Edmonton's Trouble Shooter... she helps you protect your hard-earned money so you don't get ripped off, and informs you of the latest scams and consumer recalls."?

Give her a shot: TroubleShooter@globaltv.com
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1135 upvotes
Montreal
Convince / make your shipper to file a complaint.

You are not the Shipper, Fedex can just ignore you.
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
76 upvotes
panzival wrote: I've honestly never seen a more incompetent company.
I, too, have experienced their incompetence. A relative of mine departed for Florida, leaving a camera behind at my Ontario home. I took it to Fed Ex for shipment to FL. Long story short, they completely messed it up, and weren't able to even deliver it.

In the end, the box containing the expensive camera was left abandoned on my front steps, in -30 temperatures, without any prior notice, at noon on a weekday.

Idiots.

Then, it took me over a month to get a refund of the $100 they charged for this (dis)service.

<--- Aiming to be "Thanked" on 10% of my posts. Please Help!
Apr 10, 2009
80 posts
35 upvotes
emmafb wrote: Convince / make your shipper to file a complaint.

You are not the Shipper, Fedex can just ignore you.

The shipper has tried. FedEx keeps telling them that the claim will be denied. However, I talked to a supervisor from my shipper and they're going to try and file a claim again. To be honest, I'm 99.9% sure FedEx lost the package and they're trying to lie their way out of the $500 insurance that the package had. I might try those reporters if this next claim gets me no where.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
Tell the shipper to do a chargeback? Since goods weren't received?
Apr 10, 2009
80 posts
35 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Tell the shipper to do a chargeback? Since goods weren't received?

They keep telling me the same thing though. They say they can't do anything since FedEx keeps telling them they delivered to the right place.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
You ordered something, you didn't receive it. It is cut and dry, the shipper will not do anything for you, so you have do a CC chargeback.

Let the credit card company and the shipper deal with Fedex - it is not your problem.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Apr 10, 2009
80 posts
35 upvotes
brunes wrote: You ordered something, you didn't receive it. It is cut and dry, the shipper will not do anything for you, so you have do a CC chargeback.

Let the credit card company and the shipper deal with Fedex - it is not your problem.

Unfortunately, there is no credit card company for me to fall back on. It was a warranty repair, so I didn't pay anything for it. Sounds like I'm screwed.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3813 posts
25 upvotes
Figure out where it was delivered too and go over there with a bat? :razz:
"So, what happens when I use Monster cable with Bose speakers? Do two of them cause the multiplied composite effect, creating a sort of fiscal black hole, in which money disappears never to be seen again?"
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
76 upvotes
panzival wrote: Unfortunately, there is no credit card company for me to fall back on. It was a warranty repair, so I didn't pay anything for it. Sounds like I'm screwed.

Just an idea, and maybe it won't work. How about filing a theft report with the police? It sounds like somebody stole your phone, maybe the person it was delivered to, or maybe someone at FedEX. A call from the cops might get their attention. It's not like they are allowed to just take your stuff and keep it, or give it away to random strangers. If someone pretended to be you to get your phone, if sounds like theft to me.

Just an idea.

Also, maybe there are more options on the insurance end? You paid to have it covered, and now it's missing, so what is the claims process? It seems pointless if the people who lost or gave away your property get to decide whether you are covered or not. Isn't there a third-party under-writer for these things? Seems like you should be able to file your own claim, not have to convince someone else to do it for you.

Hope that helps, at least a little.

<--- Aiming to be "Thanked" on 10% of my posts. Please Help!
Apr 10, 2009
80 posts
35 upvotes
DavidLeR wrote: Just an idea, and maybe it won't work. How about filing a theft report with the police? It sounds like somebody stole your phone, maybe the person it was delivered to, or maybe someone at FedEX. A call from the cops might get their attention. It's not like they are allowed to just take your stuff and keep it, or give it away to random strangers. If someone pretended to be you to get your phone, if sounds like theft to me.

Just an idea.

Also, maybe there are more options on the insurance end? You paid to have it covered, and now it's missing, so what is the claims process? It seems pointless if the people who lost or gave away your property get to decide whether you are covered or not. Isn't there a third-party under-writer for these things? Seems like you should be able to file your own claim, not have to convince someone else to do it for you.

Hope that helps, at least a little.

I might try a police report. And I never paid anything. The phone was originally mine, but HTC paid for shipping and repaired my phone for free (under warranty). As someone said before, FedEx only care about the shipper, HTC, so I have to constantly keep calling them. I called again and talked to a supervisor and she's going to try and file another claim. If it fails, I'll probably try the police report.
masterballer wrote: Figure out where it was delivered too and go over there with a bat? :razz:
Haha, I wish I knew where it was.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)