Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reach

Xbox Live Gold 12 Months - $48 + Free Disc Game (Fable III, Halo: Reach, etc.) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2011 12:50 pm
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1381 posts
1390 upvotes

[Reach] Xbox Live Gold 12 Months - $48 + Free Disc Game (Fable III, Halo: Reach, etc.) YMMV

More offers from Reach
Noticed this offer on my Dashboard just now. Buy 12 months of XBL Gold at 20% off ($47.99), and get your choice of one of four disc games for free. The pictured games are:

Fable III
Halo: Reach
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals

Fine print says the game is shipped to you, and it may take 8-10 weeks to receive the game.

As always, I believe these Dashboard offers are not necessarily offered to everyone. I'm a Silver/Free member, and have been for a fair while now. To find out what offer is available to you, simply turn on your Xbox 360, make sure you're connected to Xbox Live, and the deal should appear in the Spotlight section of the Dashboard.
87 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2013 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
I would probably buy one of these except for the ridiculous hoops xbox makes you jump through to unsubscribe to their service.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
Super Hot Deal if you can get it! Thanks for posting OP. Will be checking my Dashboard when I get home tonight.

You may want to add YMMV to your title just in case.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Good deal, sucks shipping takes so long though
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
8-10 weeks? Are they waiting for the sequels to be released before they send your copy?
Jul 18, 2010
174 posts
7 upvotes
wow sick deal. Im guessing its only for silver members though.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
I wonder what sort of disc and case you'd be getting. Would it come in a sleeve without cover, and have NFR plastered all over the disc itself? Getting Fable 3 and a discount on XBL Gold is pretty awesome if you get a tradable game in the process
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2086 posts
1467 upvotes
Waterloo
Definitely going to try and get this with Kinectimals.

I need a new Kinect game and that one looks silly enough to pass the time.
The OG grocery thread that inspired all others ⇩

Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
6225 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Still havent gotten my helmet dlc from the last promo
Apr 22, 2005
340 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
and i never got my replacement "english hardcover art book" for gears of war 2 limited edition. MS really drops the ball on these promos i'd be surprised if you got the game in that amount of time BS free.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
canehdianman wrote: I would probably buy one of these except for the ridiculous hoops xbox makes you jump through to unsubscribe to their service.

+1 for this. I called to turn off auto-renewal. Dude turned off my gold instead. Not a big deal, mistakes happen right? Well, I called to tell them, thinking that they would just re-activate my gold and I'd be back in business. WRONG.

Was put on hold, talked to several nice agents who had no power, put on hold, talked to one idiot jerkoff who would only give me 13 months even though I had more time than that before my account was cancelled, and being put on hold; 3 hours later, I now have to wait for a week while they investigate the matter. WTF??
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
I'm seeing "Gold for just $1 plus 2 free arcade games" ($1 per month)

sounds like a good deal but I think there may be something fishy going on...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
Kingmoo wrote: I'm seeing "Gold for just $1 plus 2 free arcade games" ($1 per month)

sounds like a good deal but I think there may be something fishy going on...

I got that type of deal a month or two ago with different games, Snoopy & something else. Still waiting for the codes or whatever to download them. They say 6 to 8 weeks, wtf to send a couple of codes. Micro$oft is all about the dollar, dollar bill y'all.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
ktokes12 wrote: I got that type of deal a month or two ago with different games, Snoopy & something else. Still waiting for the codes or whatever to download them. They say 6 to 8 weeks, wtf to send a couple of codes. Micro$oft is all about the dollar, dollar bill y'all.

yah but it says that it's $1 per months. Obviously they won't let that go on for too long so when do they cut you off and make you pay full price for Gold?
Dec 14, 2010
3 posts
can
nguyentri wrote: +1 for this. I called to turn off auto-renewal. Dude turned off my gold instead. Not a big deal, mistakes happen right? Well, I called to tell them, thinking that they would just re-activate my gold and I'd be back in business. WRONG.

Was put on hold, talked to several nice agents who had no power, put on hold, talked to one idiot jerkoff who would only give me 13 months even though I had more time than that before my account was cancelled, and being put on hold; 3 hours later, I now have to wait for a week while they investigate the matter. WTF??

When I (successfully) cancelled my auto-renewal I used the Xbox website. I would avoid calling unless you need to.
(I was able to in October 2010)
Aug 31, 2008
872 posts
509 upvotes
canehdianman wrote: I would probably buy one of these except for the ridiculous hoops xbox makes you jump through to unsubscribe to their service.
I've heard this complaint many times, but when I had to do it last year, it wasn't any trouble at all. I asked them if I could cancel it and they said 'no problem', just asked me a few things to confirm I was who I said I was. Never tried to sell or offer me a new deal or anything. Maybe I just got lucky that day.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
Kingmoo wrote: yah but it says that it's $1 per months. Obviously they won't let that go on for too long so when do they cut you off and make you pay full price for Gold?

It is only for 1 month I think, because my Xbox was new and had 1 free month and on the dashboard it had this offer. I still get these offers on the dashboard but can't get any of them because I got the previous deal. Will have to see what happens in March when my Gold expires.
Nov 26, 2003
162 posts
32 upvotes
Cool i see this as well, and i only signed up as a free member last sunday.
Nov 3, 2009
381 posts
56 upvotes
Waterloo
Darko wrote: Still havent gotten my helmet dlc from the last promo

Check your junk / spam? (although if it did end up there then it may be long gone now). I got my Helmet DLC on December 12th and I'm pretty sure it was in junk.

To add to a few points that people have been discussing already in this thread:
1) When they say 8-10 weeks for the disc you'd better believe it will be *at least* that. It took them about 12 weeks to send me my Halo Helmet DLC code... and that's just a code! :lol:
2) After renewing at 40% off last time around, I called support the very next day and had auto-renew turned off with almost no hassle at all. It wasn't difficult, it didn't take very long.

Just my experiences though. Hope it helps.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)