Return fraud

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 9:23 pm
Sep 22, 2010
230 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Return fraud

Has anyone received sanctions for return fraud at bb, fs, walmart? What did you do?
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
Do you have a story to share with the rest of the class?
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10592 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
Shouldn't they just call the police?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
steve-0101 wrote: Do you have a story to share with the rest of the class?

+1.

Can't help w/o the story.
Sep 22, 2010
230 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
there's no story bro, i want to prevent myself from having a story which is why i am asking for yours' ---

i read somewhere about the law but the wording is ambiguous... there really is no way for it to be proven that you are making "fraudulent" returns and not just random returns
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
362 upvotes
Etobicoke
greatdealers wrote: there's no story bro, i want to prevent myself from having a story which is why i am asking for yours' ---

i read somewhere about the law but the wording is ambiguous... there really is no way for it to be proven that you are making "fraudulent" returns and not just random returns

The only 'sanction' for fraud is a criminal charge and there's nothing ambiguous about fraud in the Criminal Code. A 'fraudulent return' is still fraud, there is no distinctions made between different forms of fraud. The only way to prevent a criminal charge is to not defraud a store by making a 'fraudulent return'. I'm sure you don't need an explanation as to what a 'fraudulent return' is :rolleyes:
Avril Lavigne Black Star Parfum & Cineplex Night out for Two $126, Leapster Gaming System worth $59.99 US; Trip to Cuba ARV $2000; Cineplex Movie ticket (iCoke/Nestea contest)$10; Palaria Clothing Hoody $69;Joe Fresh GC $25; 4 tics for Ted Nugent Concert; Joe Fresh Make-up Kit $50.00; $25 Bath & Body Works GC (Fresh Fiction contest for DiAnn Mills); $1000 in TD Exlusive Offers contest; $100 necklace from an on-the-spot draw while shopping at Sears
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
greatdealers wrote: there's no story bro, i want to prevent myself from having a story which is why i am asking for yours' ---

They dont need to prove it for you to get arrested and charged
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely

It can't really be that difficult to read and follow a store's return policy, can it?
Nov 23, 2007
4 posts
1 upvote
Canada

It's simple, if you are NOT returning the same product you purchased (you pulled a switch with a broken one for example). That's fraud, there is no "return fraud", fraud is fraud.
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
362 upvotes
Etobicoke
Shaner wrote: They dont need to prove it for you to get arrested and charged
Correct, but as you know they do to convict. And it's not that hard, especially with fraud cuz there's always a paper trail.
Avril Lavigne Black Star Parfum & Cineplex Night out for Two $126, Leapster Gaming System worth $59.99 US; Trip to Cuba ARV $2000; Cineplex Movie ticket (iCoke/Nestea contest)$10; Palaria Clothing Hoody $69;Joe Fresh GC $25; 4 tics for Ted Nugent Concert; Joe Fresh Make-up Kit $50.00; $25 Bath & Body Works GC (Fresh Fiction contest for DiAnn Mills); $1000 in TD Exlusive Offers contest; $100 necklace from an on-the-spot draw while shopping at Sears
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6144 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
If you have to think about it it probably is.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
greatdealers wrote: there's no story bro, i want to prevent myself from having a story
If you want to prevent yourself from having a story, just don't return things to stores from which they were not purchased, and don't return one item in place of another item purchased earlier. Problem solved.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
I love how ppl just assumed. Maybe he's trying to return a KIRF 60" LED TV bought off ebay. It has exactly the same exteriors, design, and aesthetic, but actually its just an expensive mirror. Oops I just assumed.

J/K
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1297 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if the OPs trying to return a PSP they bricked.
Bill
My blog
Feb 19, 2011
125 posts
10 upvotes
fraud is fraud... there are no classifications for fraud, only methods to frauding :confused:
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
Just tell them you received the item as a gift from someone & they said they bought it at best buy. That way if they ssupect some kind of fraud you have a legit excuse.