• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2011 9:59 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 27, 2011
1 posts
Guelph

Rogers TV/Internet/Phone 6 months free

Just moved to Guelph from BC, my friend who works for Rogers just signed us up for 6 months of free service, 2 year contract. After the first half year, it comes to about $95+HST a month for TV/internet/land line. In vancouver, I was paying close to $200 for pretty basic stuff so this seemed like a decent deal. Does anybody know of any cheaper or better deals? I don't use anything special, don't need any foreign channels or crazy long distance, although I've been iffy about DSL internet because of bad disconnect issues in the past when I was running a home business.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks
8 replies
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
What sort of caps are you subject to?
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1167 posts
340 upvotes
OTA HD = $0
Teksavvy Internet = $42
Voip.ms = $5

Looks like I have you beat. Oh, and no 2 year contracts, and the comfort of knowing my money is going into the pockets of Rogers and their ilk.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2646 posts
81 upvotes
KennethToronto wrote: OTA HD = $0
Teksavvy Internet = $42
Voip.ms = $5

Looks like I have you beat. Oh, and no 2 year contracts, and the comfort of knowing my money is going into the pockets of Rogers and their ilk.

Ah, why'd you have to go and make the OP feel bad like that?

I am doing a similar thing - OTA + Teksavvy (unlimited) + netflix + VOIP (Primus). Thinking of switching out of Primus VOIP since it's pricey compared to other VOIP. Also, thinking of going the VPN/Hulu route as well to get more content. Considered that?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Teksavvy Internet = $42
Voip.ms = $5

+1

You are not the only one. :lol:
Apr 1, 2008
173 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Teksavvy Internet = $42
Voip.ms = $5

another +1 (minus the Voip though) :lol:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Roadrunnr wrote: another +1 :lol:

Can anyone recommend which attenna to order to use with my 50 inch plasma? id like to give it a try before signing on with Rogers.

Where to buy it from ? monoprice?

*** dont mean to hi-jack
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
speeeeee wrote: Can anyone recommend which attenna to order to use with my 50 inch plasma? id like to give it a try before signing on with Rogers.

Where to buy it from ? monoprice?

*** dont mean to hi-jack

if you are within the gta then I'd suggest to go with 2 x 4 bay Channel Master for both local and American stations.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
this forum must really be rubbing off on me, because last year canceled my tv, recently joined teksavvy for my new place, but still not going the voip route. so 2 out of 3 ain't bad :P i just don't like loosing phone service if power goes out, so got a cell to replace the home phone :)
"signature removed for rule violations" Hell ya, that's what we do! 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)