Personal Finance

Questrade capital gain/loss tax form - anyone received?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2011 11:30 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes

Questrade capital gain/loss tax form - anyone received?

They say it should be available Feb 28 but I still don't see it.

It should be under "My Accounts" - "Trade History" - "Tax Slips", but I just checked, mine says "No tax slips are currently available for the selected account."

What about you guys?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2175 upvotes
We got the T5s last week in the mail. Not sure if that is the same thing. We had not capital gains as we did not sell positions. Just buy.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1184 posts
54 upvotes
just got my T5 from them, still waiting for my T3.

You usually get the trading summary in mid-march, but because of their recent upgrade, in could even be April. It took them roughly 20 business days to link my TFSA to my trading account when they only stated 1-2 days. :evil: Lost about a month of interest since I transferred some cash over to my TFSA and couldn't access it for almost a month.

You'll still need to calculate any capital gains yourself though, against your own records of ACB calculations. NEVER TRUST QUESTRADE to accurately record you ACBs, because they are never accurate.
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
203 upvotes
I haven't seem my RRSP contribution form. I contributed 1 day before their system upgrade.
Still waiting for this cursed form so i can report my taxes and get my money back.
Sep 28, 2007
928 posts
54 upvotes
513263337 wrote: They say it should be available Feb 28 but I still don't see it.

It should be under "My Accounts" - "Trade History" - "Tax Slips", but I just checked, mine says "No tax slips are currently available for the selected account."

What about you guys?

same here. they told me feb 28th too. still nothing. i need that t5008.
Mar 30, 2004
53 posts
1 upvote
I contacted questrade with web chat. They told me that they do not provide such document. I have to count every thing myself by hand. What a pain.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
I bought and sold the same stock a few times and I know the value on P&L on my Questrader screen is incorrect.

I think because its due to how the owner views or categorizes their purchase and sellings.

When I bought more of the same shares, then sold the exact amount, one can calculate by: a) average the cost or b) keep the original cost un-averaged and just sold the additional shares bought with that new price.

So, I tally everything myself in Excel and submit that to CRA.