• Mar 1st, 2011 7:47 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 6, 2008
81 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton

Are wireless bridges good for gaming?

I have a computer and an xbox on one floor on my house while the modem and primary router is in the basement. As of right now, I don't really want to run cables through the house. Was wondering if a wireless bridge would be a good solution in terms of gaming. I don't really want dropped connections or too much lag.

If so, would $50-75 be enough for a decent one?

Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
No.
signature edited for rule violations
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
xCobalt wrote: I have a computer and an xbox on one floor on my house while the modem and primary router is in the basement. As of right now, I don't really want to run cables through the house. Was wondering if a wireless bridge would be a good solution in terms of gaming. I don't really want dropped connections or too much lag.
Roundtrip times should be sub-1msec through a wireless bridge. I don't see this being a problem, or inducing lag.
If so, would $50-75 be enough for a decent one?
Anything that you can flash dd-wrt on should be just fine.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
I wouldn't suggest running wireless for gaming. Why not relocate the modem and router to the location of where your gaming system is?