Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington

Recommend me a Printer for Office

My father used to work for a company that made printers and we got some great discounts and such but since retiring its not as easy!

My current printer is fairly old tbh and running out of toner and needs some solid maintenance but I figured at this point its best to replace the printer. I don't do anything extreme mostly just printing invoices sometimes poorly scanned or photographed order forms from customers. I would need it to be a fax/printer (scanner would be nice but not necessary). It can be simple Black and White printer but if it does color I wont say no ( tho I have a ink jet for most color requirements ).

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
10 replies
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
price range?
jetdirect(networked)?

The HP4345's are well build machines, scan/cop/fax/print, its probably at least 40 pages a minute.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
rocking23nf wrote: price range?
jetdirect(networked)?

The HP4345's are well build machines, scan/cop/fax/print, its probably at least 40 pages a minute.

I'm not overly concerned about price unless we're talking $1000.00 +. I'm not looking for a industrial big machine just something for a small office purpose so perhaps anywhere up to 400-500?

Doesn't need to be directed connected through the router or network just for a primary computer that does the invoicing and processing.

I will take a quick look at that HP.

*edit* yikes starting 2.5k :( *

anything simpler/cheaper? It really is small scale printing perhaps 100 prints a day?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
yeah see we print around 15000 a month on those printers in our office, and maintenance is low on them.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
gotcha! Well maybe in the future I can print that much but for now I'll have to settle with something a bit more tame. Finding mixed reviews on the stuff at HPs site with good printers but extremely expensive toner. I guess I'll look into it in more detail tonight and hopefully scrounge up a good piece.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6564 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
I hate MFPs, and I hate inkjets. On that note, laser MFPs are going to cost you. Browse HP.ca and find one that that suits your budget and print volume. Check $/page numbers if you are making comparisons between inkjets and lasers. Also remember, since you do low volume printing, that ink dries out and toner doesn't.
This space for rent
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
one of the things with inkjets are, is that you may get 300 pages from a 50$ ink cartridge. While Toner can get 10000 pages or more from a 200$ toner.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6564 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
I was trying to be subtle (or maybe not so subtle) that OP should buy laser. :D
This space for rent
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
haha I appreciate the input. I know I need Laser! I have a separate ink jet for the color pictures that we do but the laser is a must.