Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft

Mar.5,2011-Archos 8GB 7" Home Tablet - $169.14 (free shipping)-The Shopping Channel

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2011 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes

[Microsoft] Mar.5,2011-Archos 8GB 7" Home Tablet - $169.14 (free shipping)-The Shopping Channel

Note: I think this one has a resistive screen instead of a capacitive one so the touchscreen may not be as responsive as with most of the touchscreen phones that are out there.

Can't believe I'm posting a deal from The Shopping Channel! :)

Comes with some extra software: Quickoffice, Syncables (looks interesting but no idea how good this is and this device doesn't have 802.11 b/g - no n)
Reg. price @ BestBuy is $179

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/endec ... _-TabletTS

• Flash Memory: 8GB
• Extendable via micro SDHC Slot
• Linux, ANDROID™ 2.1 (Eclair) application framework
• High resolution touch screen with virtual keyboard, 800x480 pixels, 7'' TFT LCD, 16 million colors
Video Playback • H.264 up to 720p resolution – 30 fps / 2.5 Mbps.
• MPEG-42 – 30 fps / 2.5 Mbps.
• Realvideo™ up to 720p resolution – 30 fps / 2.5 Mbps
With the above codecs, the device can play video files with the following extensions: .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .mov, and .flv
Audio Playback • MP3, WMA (non protected), WAV3, APE, OGG, FLAC, AAC3
Photo viewer • JPEG, BMP, GIF
Interfaces • USB 2.0 Slave: Mass Storage Class (MSC)
• USB 2.0 Host: Mass Storage Class (MSC) – Connect a mass storage device or keyboard & mouse (adapter micro B/A sold separately).
• Micro SDHC card
• WiFi (802.11 b/g)
• 2 built-in speakers
• Leg stand
• Microphone
Power source • Internal: Lithium Polymer battery
• External: Power adapter/charge
Battery life • Music playback time: up to 42 hours
• Video playback time: up to 7 hours
Dimensions & weight • 203 mm x 107 mm x 12 mm (8” x 4.2” x 0.5”) – 388 g / 13.7 oz
Compatibility • Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, 7 or higher, Mac OS or Linux in mass storage mode
Computer Interface • USB 2.0 interface
Package includes • ARCHOS 7 home tablet, earphones, Standard USB cable (micro B/A), power adapter, user guide, legal and safety notice.

Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite Features
• Edit and share Microsoft Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® files
• Get continuous and convenient mobile access to remote storage services
• Access and manage email attachments with the most popular file formats
• Experience advanced PDF viewing
• Save files locally, on your remote storage provider or to an SD card
• Browse and open zip folders
• 100% data integrity - guaranteed Microsoft compatibility

Syncables 360 Home Network Edition (license for 5 devices)
• Works with local network with wireless router, Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspots or chip based Wifi connectivity
• Works with media, docs, bookmarks, outlook mail folders, and contacts
• Leverages built-in WiFi capabilities on phones and home WiFi or MyWifi PAN network to access computer content
• Mobilize and sync media to web services - Integrates connection to Facebook, YouTube and Flickr right into the application

Syncables Mobile Premium
Wirelessly access PC or Mac content right on Blackberry or Android Smartphone with no cables required

Syncables LivePlay (1 year subscription)
• Stream media and access documents on your computer from anywhere with no cloud / online storage fees
• Remotely stream media and iTunes library
• Also works locally on computers across your home network
• Share Media with Remote Friends and Family
• Gives you access through a web browser in any computer on your home network to stream media right from your home computer
• Optimized for Mobile Viewing - Auto formats/converts media on-the-fly for device-appropriate viewing
• Local and remote Document access and download - Go to your PC and access your documents and pull / download a document from any browser to the computer you are on access and download documents locally from across the room or remotely from across the world!

Software included with the Archos will be available via download. Customers will receive a certificate in the box with download instructions.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
6225 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
6 payments of $28
Hawtttttt :)
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
why you waste your time looking for online stoers deals
go on ebay buy same new product anytime 24/7 for same price if not less
or you want a good deal then buy used, hunt for used but likenew if you wanna invest a bit of time (time=money remember?) and there you go.

ebay may be overrated but it's still the best place to buy just about anything. and hundred times quicker than waiting ro looking for store online deals.
Dec 9, 2005
39 posts
4 upvotes
This is the Home Tablet, not the Internet Tablet. Lots of differences.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
kolok wrote: why you waste your time looking for online stoers deals
go on ebay buy same new product anytime 24/7 for same price if not less
or you want a good deal then buy used, hunt for used but likenew if you wanna invest a bit of time (time=money remember?) and there you go.

ebay may be overrated but it's still the best place to buy just about anything. and hundred times quicker than waiting ro looking for store online deals.
where you can be subject to fraud.
vero95: :facepalm:
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
Montague wrote: where you can be subject to fraud.

dunno when was last time you did ebay but things changed

now you get full 45 days coverage for your payments
from paypal (should you wanna buy direct) or through ebay if you wanna buy through ebay

but based on your comment I will assume you aren't on ebay yourself and just repeat other peoples stories.. or you haven't been there in a while

but of course, don't pay from hong kong or china
buy from north america only
and don't buy from 10 feedback seller buy from 100+ seller

there is reason they got feedbacks on ebay ya know

give it a try.. 90% things or sales people post on board like rfd can be had on ebay 24/7 any day

it's understandable too.. cause stores have their profit margins etc.. whereas if average joe blow throws something onto worldwide market like ebay for evyrone to see or buy, well, I guess he don't care much about his profit margin or payying rent for his store.. cause.. well.. he ain't got one. lol

cheers
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
watch out if your looking for reviews, most of them are for Android 1.5 from last year, this has 2.1.

Either way I suspect the CPU is weak for anything but web browsing and media player. I guess you could check out the TV demos today if you want to see it in action.

It would be nice if we had more $200 android tablets to compare it to...

one thing of note, the shopping channel has a decent return policy, considering the shorter policies from other stores for these type of items:
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, so we’ll gladly accept returns for any purchase made at The Shopping Channel within 30 days of the date you received the item and offer a full refund of the purchase price. We ask only that you return the product in the same condition and with the original packaging in which you received it. Health and beauty products are subject to reasonable trial. Returns received after 30 days may not be processed and will be returned at your cost.
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
took a peak at the archos forum, and it appears that there is no firmware rooted that is beyond android 2.1...? i have never used android before so i have been looking to get in on it and check things out (ios user). anyone can confirm this?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
Yes, I believe I made that quite clear in the thread title.
Also, this says it ships with Eclair (2.1) not Froyo (2.2).

And this is not an endorsement of the product (I don't own one). But if anyone's really interested you can probably try PM'ing at BB today.
Save It wrote: This is the Home Tablet, not the Internet Tablet. Lots of differences.
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
mangoman wrote: Yes, I believe I made that quite clear in the thread title.
Also, this says it ships with Eclair (2.1) not Froyo (2.2).

And this is not an endorsement of the product (I don't own one). But if anyone's really interested you can probably try PM'ing at BB today.

what i mean is that if u could root it and upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 (i dont know if i am using the correct terms or if my understanding is right, since i have never used android before)
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Anybody know how the TSC return policy works first hand? Are they just as easy as the policy posted by cheapbastage states or is it a bs game with them like Cantire?

I gotta say all looks great...except that it's...bleck...Archos.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
NG wrote: Anybody know how the TSC return policy works first hand? Are they just as easy as the policy posted by cheapbastage states or is it a bs game with them like Cantire?

I gotta say all looks great...except that it's...bleck...Archos.

I haven't actually returned anything with them but it does appear as easy as the policy that was posted. They even include the return postage paid shipping label with your order.
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
You get a return postage paid shipping label, but it isn't free shipping. They just take the cost off when they give you a refund.
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
LOL, I was flipping through channels and I did notice this tablet being advertised on Shopping Channel. The thing is pretty slow. Maybe its a decent ebook reader.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
mopex wrote: You get a return postage paid shipping label, but it isn't free shipping. They just take the cost off when they give you a refund.
Ugh...there's always something not mentioned that gets you in the end. Thx cliccked.

I'm out! Looks like it could be more trouble than it's worth.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Jun 7, 2007
489 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
im all in for this, I don't think you can wrong for the price! besides, with the iphone, you can transmit your 3gs as wifi, so, seems like a great deal!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3149 posts
1334 upvotes
Windsor
kolok wrote: give it a try.. 90% things or sales people post on board like rfd can be had on ebay 24/7 any day
For computer stuff, especially anything that is "good", eBay is the WORST place to look. Try harddrives or videocards; eBay is BRUTAL. If you want old stuff, fine ... but I find that I am almost always better off buying something from an e-tailer. eBay is great for old Tyco slot-car stuff, I give it that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)