Personal Finance

Anyone with Edward Jones know when they mail out RRSP tax documents?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2011 5:20 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 1, 2009
173 posts
12 upvotes

Anyone with Edward Jones know when they mail out RRSP tax documents?

I can't seem to find any info on their website or with a Google search. Figure i'd check here before I call my Edward Jones agent.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
64 upvotes
Burlington
mike84 wrote: I can't seem to find any info on their website or with a Google search. Figure i'd check here before I call my Edward Jones agent.

Do you own ETFs or mutual funds? Slips for some of these don't have to be issued until the end of March.
Sep 1, 2009
173 posts
12 upvotes
Yeah I do own mutual funds. It makes sense because I can view tax documents online if they were available but it says there are none available. It's just weird as there is no info on their site at all regarding any issue like this.

Thanks!
Jan 15, 2005
181 posts
25 upvotes
London, Ontario
Why would you expect to receive tax documents for mutual funds in an RRSP?

The only slips they would issue is for contributions.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2028 posts
482 upvotes
Edmonton
hughjarce wrote: Why would you expect to receive tax documents for mutual funds in an RRSP?

The only slips they would issue is for contributions.

I assume that Mike is asking about his contribution receipts. Nowhere does he say otherwise.

Mike, I'm not with EJ but every company I've dealt with as an advisor does it the same. Contribution receipts up to Dec. 31 are generally sent out early in the new year. First-60-day receipts go out as the contributions come in. Your last contribution date was March 1 so you should have your last receipt in early to mid April.

EJ's processes may differ but I doubt it. Depending when you made your last contribution, you might give them more time. If you made a contribution near the deadline, wait for the receipts. If your last contribution was weeks ago, your advisor should be able to order a receipt for you or get it for you on-line. It's unliely that anything has been lost so usually you should just hang on and wait.

You know how much went into the RRSP so you can do your tax return. You may not have to attach reciepts anyway, depending how you file.