Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NetFirms.ca

Domains at Netfirms: $4.95 first year

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2011 7:34 pm
Tags:
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1531 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
sb11 wrote: Link
code: PROMO495

Can't get this to work with just a Domain Name registration. Get a "Coupon not applicable to product(s)" error.

The code will work with the "Plus" plan selected at the provided link, but then gives you a domain and 1 yr of hosting for $40. Is that a good deal?
Aug 31, 2009
69 posts
10 upvotes
I got it to work.

Now the link doesn't lead you to that page.

So do this: search for "domain names" at google.ca and one of the sponsored links on the right hand side (where all the ads are) should show that promo. Hope this works!
Apr 29, 2010
42 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
We've tested the coupon and it is working as intended.

The link that the OP left is not the right link though. I don't want to violate any rules on the forum so not going to repost it, but all you have to do is search for a domain name using any of the domain search boxes throughout the Netfirms site and then enter PROMO495 at the checkout page.

The coupon is not applicable to transfers/renewals, only new registrations for .com/net domains.
Aug 31, 2009
69 posts
10 upvotes
Nexx wrote: We've tested the coupon and it is working as intended.

The link that the OP left is not the right link though. I don't want to violate any rules on the forum so not going to repost it, but all you have to do is search for a domain name using any of the domain search boxes throughout the Netfirms site and then enter PROMO495 at the checkout page.

The coupon is not applicable to transfers/renewals, only new registrations for .com/net domains.

Changed the link to netfirms.ca
Promo valid until the end of March 2011 as per the site.
Dec 28, 2007
75 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
not trying to rain on your parade or thread in this case but correct me if I'm wrong but 1and1.com has .com's and others for 4.99 at the moment.
Sep 14, 2008
73 posts
12 upvotes
Will never host with netfirms again!!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
1549 posts
65 upvotes
jobs50 wrote: Will never host with netfirms again!!

what's hosting got to with their domain service? ;)
Dec 17, 2005
270 posts
36 upvotes
Victoria, bc
jobs50 wrote: Will never host with netfirms again!!
For me, they took over my domain name provider, then bumped the prices up 400%. When I went to tramsfer my domain to a more reasonably priced provider, they fought me every step of the way, and I had to get opensrs involved to ensure netfirms would provide the authourization code to the new domain provider.
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.
Nov 24, 2008
188 posts
7 upvotes
if you don't take their hosting service i think this is very reasonable

esp considering that you can use it more than once unlike the 1.99 go daddy thing which was once use for new customers

there is a limit of 3 domains per credit card, but you can easy use paypal to get around this
Mar 10, 2010
31 posts
Calgary
Nexx wrote: We've tested the coupon and it is working as intended.

It seems it was incorrect email sent to me for renewal. Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
seashell wrote: Nexx, Are you affiliated with Nexx site? I want to cancel my account and Nexx support is giving me hard time. My only request is to cancel my account. Can you please help me?

After a headache I got finally this email

Hello,

Thank you for your email inquiry.

As per your request we have processed your immediate cancellation/refund.

We ask that you please finalize the cancellation by logging into the Members Control Panel and following the instructions below:

Please be aware that all files and Email account will permanently be deleted. The requested changes are non reversible.

1. Login to the Members Control Panel
2.Verify cancellation summary
3.Click the white box "Check to confirm you have reviewed the changes"
4.Click "Accept"

** No change to your account will take place until these steps have been completed.

Regards,

Nexx Support Team

I followed the steps and did not hear back. The control panel does not show a status change .. nothing ..

Then I got an email for renewal today. Not sure why I am receiving this email. Please help me, my only request is to cancel my account (domain and space).

I believe they are the same company...
EDIT: sorry, didn't thoroughly read your question, lol.

And in regards to this "deal", godaddy has $0.99 domains (for first year of course) like every 2-3 months - just don't see how this is a deal...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)