Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Travel Sentry luggage locks $1.25 @ dollarama+, HotWheels and Barbie branded

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2011 11:47 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 21, 2010
69 posts
12 upvotes
my desk

Travel Sentry luggage locks $1.25 @ dollarama+, HotWheels and Barbie branded

These are quality, TSA friendly, Travel Sentry travel locks with easy to set personal 3 digit codes, at what is a steal price. They are branded with Barbie and HotWheel logos, which make them appear cheaper than they are.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
TSA friendly... lol

TSA don't need "TSA friendly" locks to open your baggages... and you won't even know!
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
Scrooge McDuck wrote: These are quality, TSA friendly, Travel Sentry travel locks with easy to set personal 3 digit codes, at what is a steal price. They are branded with Barbie and HotWheel logos, which make them appear cheaper than they are.

Since the TSA agents are the ones doing a lot of the thefts this seems moot:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tsa+stealing
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1385 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
thanks just got three! they were $1.50 at the Dollarama at Peanut Plaza, Don Mills Rd. between Sheppard and Finch.

had Pink, Blue, and Red ones available
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
"Travel Sentry® Approvedluggage and locks can be opened by these security agencies allowing inspection without damage or delay..."

what exactly does that mean? That these types of locks can easily be picked open by security agents without having to cut open the lock?!? :?:
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Scrooge McDuck wrote: These are quality, TSA friendly, Travel Sentry travel locks with easy to set personal 3 digit codes, at what is a steal price. They are branded with Barbie and HotWheel logos, which make them appear cheaper than they are.

Looks good OP. Will check the nearest Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
gretzky99 wrote: "Travel Sentry® Approvedluggage and locks can be opened by these security agencies allowing inspection without damage or delay..."

what exactly does that mean? That these types of locks can easily be picked open by security agents without having to cut open the lock?!? :?:

To sum it up... this means you make it easier for them to steal from your baggages! :lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
picked up a purple one. thanks.

My last lock was cut off by TSA because they wanted to peek inside it. The funny thing is: and I am not making this up.....they left a FLASHLIGHT inside my luggage after they closed it up!
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
warpdrive wrote: picked up a purple one. thanks.

My last lock was cut off by TSA because they wanted to peek inside it. The funny thing is: and I am not making this up.....they left a FLASHLIGHT inside my luggage after they closed it up!

That is because they are doing their job...

But when they want to steal or are just curious of what you have... this is what they do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DGKUNffI

(some friends working at the airport told me this)
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Task514 wrote: That is because they are doing their job...
I understand them cutting off my lock (there was a sticker on my luggage that said so), but they are supposed to leave me free gifts?
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
warpdrive wrote: I understand them cutting off my lock (there was a sticker on my luggage that said so), but they are supposed to leave me free gifts?

Are you complaining about the free gift?! haha!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7098 upvotes
West GTEH!
akide wrote: thanks just got three! they were $1.50 at the Dollarama at Peanut Plaza, Don Mills Rd. between Sheppard and Finch.

had Pink, Blue, and Red ones available

Thanks OP. Picked up 3 blue ones at Mississauga Dollarama. They were priced @$1.50 each. looks and feels(metal casing and good weight) like typical luggage lock. The packaging print says it's distributed by "Holiday Group". I think they also sell travel accessories from other stores. Will find out how durable it is when I use them for travel.

Was looking at similar locks at MEC and they are $10:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 4302883914
😎
Nov 24, 2005
813 posts
135 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Picked up some at the New Westminister/Centre Dollarama for $1.50 each. They had both the Hot Wheel ones (red or blue) and the Barbie Ones (purple or pink)
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Scrooge McDuck.

I picked up 3 Red Hot Wheels locks from the Aurora Dollarama at the following address:

Aurora Gateway Centre
52 First Commerce Dr. Unit 3

The locks are not put on the shelf but I asked the lady and she had boxes of these things on a cart.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2001
4799 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Task514 wrote: That is because they are doing their job...

But when they want to steal or are just curious of what you have... this is what they do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DGKUNffI

(some friends working at the airport told me this)

After watching this video, any lock is pretty much useless with a zipper type luggage.

Get a vintage luggage or shrink wrapped the luggage tight, before check in.

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q94mNatWthE/S ... itcase.jpg[/IMG]

Get a hand held wrapper from a dollar shop, airport shrink wrap machine is a rip off.

[IMG]http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/pictures ... _sk_md.jpg[/IMG]
Mark77 wrote: That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.
Jun 27, 2006
141 posts
6 upvotes
whampoa wrote: After watching this video, any lock is pretty much useless with a zipper type luggage.

"Get a vintage luggage or shrink wrapped the luggage tight, before check in." .

How do you shrink wrap your luggage - apply it all around the outside???
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
whampoa wrote: After watching this video, any lock is pretty much useless with a zipper type luggage.

Get a vintage luggage or shrink wrapped the luggage tight, before check in.

[/IMG]

there's no deal in shrink wrapping your luggage! lol

They usually shrink wrap your luggage when they try this method and the zipper gets busted! lol
It's not like they don't have shrink wrapping materials lol... they'll just rip it apart and wrap it back!

Long story short, don't leave anything valuable in your luggage. That's what carry-ons are for!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1734 posts
1888 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!

Picked a few up @ $1.50
Mar 9, 2009
2 posts
Maple Ridge
Winegums wrote: Thanks OP.

Picked up some at the New Westminister/Centre Dollarama for $1.50 each. They had both the Hot Wheel ones (red or blue) and the Barbie Ones (purple or pink)
I could not find them. Where were they? Were with all the other padlocks etc?
or in any particular area?

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)