Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Kawasaki 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - $139.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2011 3:15 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 10, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Costco: Kawasaki 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - $139.97

Compound Miter and Bevel cut left or right 45 degrees. Dual Laser beams. Item number 999912 on the bill. 3 year limited warranty.

This item is on clearance sale. I bought one in Calgary area today at Cross Iron Mill Costco, one left at that location. None in Calgary Sarcee Trail Costco. Don't know about the store at Heritage location.

This clearance sale may be for whole Canada, if still any left.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1045 posts
346 upvotes
YEG
Nice first post! Welcome to RFD :)

I've been waiting for one of these to go on sale - will take a look at my local Costco.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
Who makes Kawasaki branded tools? :?:
Apr 6, 2007
31 posts
stealth wrote: Who makes Kawasaki branded tools? :?:

Alltradetools makes them, or should I say supplies them. I believe they are imported from china. Lower end product regardless.
Feb 10, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Costco is really good at warranty stuff. Just bring it back within the warranty period if something wrong and they will refund you the money.
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
Is this compatible with my Ninja?
Aug 8, 2003
268 posts
21 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
How does the Kawasaki compare with the King Canada model that is in Costco?

Jason
Aug 6, 2009
141 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
Jason wrote: How does the Kawasaki compare with the King Canada model that is in Costco?

Jason

Kawasaki should be better. I bought mine at 199.97 and thought that was a good deal.

12" compared to 10"
dual bevel compared to single.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2008
1132 posts
381 upvotes
stealth wrote: Who makes Kawasaki branded tools? :?:
They are a Moto compagnie maker ... LOL ... seriously, i have no ideal, why a Chinese product got a Japanese name on it ... but with Costco 3 years warranty, you should be good for 3 years :)
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1258 posts
287 upvotes
Ontario
I called a few costco's in the GTA area and they all say the same thing... There is absolutely no stock available all across eastern Canada - the item has even been deleted from their system so even IF they had it, they wouldn't be able to sell it because there is no longer any record of the item in their system. This must be a west deal only until they are sold out.

Its a bummer because I was really looking forward to getting this to build my fence and deck this spring.
Feb 10, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
The regular price for this saw was $249.97 and it was on sale for $199.97 back on Mar 10/11:

costco-kawasaki-12-silding-mitre-saw-199-97-a-992006/

Now it is $139.97 if they still have it. As I mentioned, there was still one in Calgary - Iron Cross Mill Costco as of Mar 16.

I think Costco is clearing the existing 12" model for the newer model, like they just cleared all the older version of the King Canada 10" sliding miter saw for a newer King Canada one.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
y2k-inc wrote: They are a Moto compagnie maker ... LOL ... seriously, i have no ideal, why a Chinese product got a Japanese name on it ... but with Costco 3 years warranty, you should be good for 3 years :)

Its a lame trend to license a recognizable but unrelated name and put it on your chinese products...Like Simoniz did with pressure washers.
Dec 24, 2008
326 posts
28 upvotes
Regina
stealth wrote: Its a lame trend to license a recognizable but unrelated name and put it on your chinese products...Like Simoniz did with pressure washers.

How do you know it's a chinese product? The alltradetools is a US based company. the saw is manufactured in china though but which one is not?
May 8, 2005
396 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
itsets wrote: How do you know it's a chinese product? The alltradetools is a US based company. the saw is manufactured in china though but which one is not?

Everything is made in China, irregarless of where the parent company is from or located. Ridigd, Dewalt, Milwalkee, Porter Cable, etc...all China, all the time. :razz:
Dec 19, 2010
722 posts
249 upvotes
hebdo27 wrote: Everything is made in China, irregarless of where the parent company is from or located. Ridigd, Dewalt, Milwalkee, Porter Cable, etc...all China, all the time. :razz:
MY Dewalt 12" slider was made in Mexico.