Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

The Mel Brooks Collection blu-ray 9 disc set 47$ @ amazon.com

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2011 7:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital

[Amazon.com] The Mel Brooks Collection blu-ray 9 disc set 47$ @ amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Mel-Brooks-Collec ... =193640011

Too bad it doesnt include " The Producers" .I often ordered from amazon.com and didnt get hit by taxes or fees .Comes to $60.61 shipped to canada.

Order Summary

Items: $46.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.98
Total Before Tax: $54.97
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $5.64
Order Total: $60.61

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg[/IMG]
Specs: Audio: English: 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio / Spanish & French: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Language: Dubbed & Subtitled: English, French & Spanish
Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Disc 1: Widescreen: 2.40:1, Disc 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9: Widescreen: 1.85:1, Disc 3 & 5: Widescreen: 2.35:1
Episodes-Bonus Features:

Disc 1: Blazing Saddles Blu-ray
Disc 2: Spaceballs Blu-ray
Disc 3: Young Frankenstein Blu-ray
Disc 4: High Anxiety Blu-ray
Disc 5: History Of The World Part 1 Blu-ray
Disc 6: Robin Hood Men In Tights Blu-ray
Disc 7: Silent Movie Blu-ray
Disc 8: To Be Or Not To Be Blu-ray
Disc 9: Twelve Chairs Blu-ray
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2386 posts
1108 upvotes
Ontario
Good price for some very funny stuff ... :)

Compare to amazon.ca w/ free shipping ... save about $16 by buying instead from amazon.com as per original post ...

http://www.amazon.ca/Mel-Brooks-Collect ... 801&sr=8-1

Items: CDN$ 68.11
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Total Before Tax: CDN$ 68.11
GST: CDN$ 8.85
PST: CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 76.96
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
They often ship from their ON warehouse half the time anyways .Last time i ordered a blu-ay from their US site , the package was postmarked from Canada Post .
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
So very tempting.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Careful. Fox is now doing boxsets with cardboard sleeves for discs.

From Futurama to Simpsons to this set complaints about scratched and damaged discs abound.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2212 posts
238 upvotes
Guelph
NG wrote: Careful. Fox is now doing boxsets with cardboard sleeves for discs.

From Futurama to Simpsons to this set complaints about scratched and damaged discs abound.

Most blu-rays don't scratch easily - for DVDs this packaging sucks but with Blu-ray, it's more of an annoyance in actually holding the discs, but they don't get damaged very easily.
Banned
Nov 4, 2010
2011 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
stephroll wrote: Too bad it doesnt include " The Producers"
Thank you for noting that, as I was about to order it and then I surprised to see The Twelve Chairs on there rather than The Producers - that along with Silent Movie are two of my least favorite mel Brooks movies - and The Producers is third (well) behind BS and YF - and that was his only Oscar win, right?

Must be some legal reason why it was not included.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Dan_Kow wrote: Thank you for noting that, as I was about to order it and then I surprised to see The Twelve Chairs on there rather than The Producers - that along with Silent Movie are two of my least favorite mel Brooks movies - and The Producers is third (well) behind BS and YF - and that was his only Oscar win, right?

Must be some legal reason why it was not included.

I beleive its because those titles still sell well and will probably be in a Supreme mother of all collection one day .
Banned
Nov 4, 2010
2011 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
stephroll wrote: I beleive its because those titles still sell well and will probably be in a Supreme mother of all collection one day .

No, The Producers is nothing saleswise compared to Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, History of the World, Spaceballs, etc., and those are all there - it must be a distribution legality issue, which is too bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Dan_Kow wrote: No, The Producers is nothing saleswise compared to Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, History of the World, Spaceballs, etc., and those are all there - it must be a distribution legality issue, which is too bad.

or its availability.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)