Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

[Other] Rogers On Demand Million $ Trivia (Facebook) No QC Exp: Aug.28/11

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2011 1:13 am
Jan 30, 2011
49 posts
81 upvotes
canada

[Rogers] [Other] Rogers On Demand Million $ Trivia (Facebook) No QC Exp: Aug.28/11

http://www.facebook.com/Rogers?sk=app_157969084258516

Rules embedded

contest started today and runs until August 28th. Must register for a Rogers On Demand account (don't have to be a Rogers customer), only one account per person.

There are three (3) stages to this Contest (each a “Stage”) Participation in the Contest at each Stage is outlined below:

Stage 1:
Stage 1 consists of three phases during which the Contest will be live and open for participation:

Phase I: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET March 21 and closes at 11:59:59 PM ET May 5, 2011
Phase II: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET May 6 and closes at 11:59:59 PM June 19, 2011
Phase III: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET June 20 and closes at 11:59:59 PM August 28, 2011
During Stage 1 entrants will participate (during any or all Phases) in the following ways to earn ballots for entry into the random draws conducted at the end of each Phase.

Daily Trivia Challenge: Entrants will have the opportunity to answer a total of five (5) trivia questions per day during each Phase. Entrants will have 30 seconds to answer each question. Entrants will receive five (5) ballots for each trivia question he/she answers correctly.

Posting Contest on your Wall: Entrants will receive up to five (5) additional ballots per day by posting the Contest score or their placement or the number of ballots they have on his/her Facebook wall. Entrants can post their score as many times per day as they like however the first post per day only, will earn the Entrant five (5) additional ballots. LIMIT five (5) ballots per day.

Lifeline - Help From a Friend: Entrants will have one (1) opportunity to email a friend for help in determining the correct answer to a daily trivia challenge question. Your friend will have 3 days in which to answer the question, after which the request will no longer be valid. Entrants will receive five (5) ballots into the Contest if his/her friend answers the daily trivia question correctly. LIMIT one (1) lifeline email per trivia question (in other words, entrants can only email one (1) friend per trivia question at any given time, but entrants can email that same friend for subsequent trivia questions). LIMIT two (2) lifeline emails per day (in other words, entrants can only request help from their friends on two out of the five trivia questions they can answer). Your friend will be prompted to participate in the Contest by registering at the Contest Website.

There will be one (1) random draw at the end of each Phase to select the entrants who will advance to Stage 2. One (1) entrant will be selected from Phase I and two (2) entrants will be selected from each of Phase II and Phase III from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Phase for a total of five (5) entrants selected to move on to Stage 2 on the Contest. Entrants who are not selected in Phase I or Phase II can participate in Phase III and their ballots will carry forward to Phase III. The random draws will be conducted on the following draw dates (each a “Draw Date” and collectively the “Draw Dates”) and at the times listed below:

- Phase I Draw Date: On or about May 6, 2011 at approximately 11 am ET
- Phase II Draw Date: On or about June 20, 2011 at approximately 11 am ET
- Phase III Draw Date: On or about August 29, 2011 at approximately 11am ET

Ballots of non-winning entrants will be carried forward to subsequent Phase Draw Dates. Odds of being selected as one (1) of these five (5) finalists depends on the total number of ballots received by eligible participants. Selected entrants will be contacted by email using the information provided during Account Registration within 5 business daysof the respective Draw Date with further information on how to advance to Stage 2.

I hope that I've posted this correctly. Looked at the guidelines, I think I'm good :confused:
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks. only thing is add expiry date to your title.
bring back colour
Jan 30, 2011
49 posts
81 upvotes
canada
vilmark wrote: thanks. only thing is add expiry date to your title.

Thanks Vilmark. Looked back but can't edit title, can I? I'll do better next time...
Dec 8, 2010
639 posts
2038 upvotes
fallsview wrote: Thanks Vilmark. Looked back but can't edit title, can I? I'll do better next time...
GO ADVANCED Took me a while to figure that out too.
Jan 30, 2011
49 posts
81 upvotes
canada
alpen wrote: GO ADVANCED Took me a while to figure that out too.

Big thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Better to go with a clean link like

http://www.facebook.com/Rogers

As RFD doesn't allow referrals

then click on Million $ Trivia it's self.

it adds another step but a least you know it's clean,
Good Luck to every RFDer's who appreciates the time I take to post contests on this board. My Website

I have been Thanked with the Thank You Button 90,000 Times and counting on April 18/12.

1000's of Air Miles earned by RFD members from Safeway with help from my thread for Bonus Airmiles.
Aug 26, 2009
491 posts
1625 upvotes
Info Here: http://www.facebook.com/Rogers?v=app_157969084258516

Enter Here: http://apps.facebook.com/rodo_triviachallenge/

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Rogers On-Demand Online Contest (the "Contest") begins on March 21, 2011 at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 28, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Contest Period"). The Contest is sponsored by Rogers Communications Partnership (the “Sponsor”). For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Entities” is composed of the Sponsor, together with its parent, subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies including, without limitation, The Marco Corporation, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives.
2. ELIGIBILITY
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory in which they reside, as of the date of Contest entry. Excluded from eligibility are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, the independent contest judging organization, each of their respective parent, affiliated and related companies, agencies, suppliers of the materials and services related to this Contest, and members of any immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and sales representatives.

3. HOW TO REGISTER AND ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid email address are required to participate. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts. Online entry through the Contest Website (defined below) and the Contest Facebook application (the “Contest Facebook Application”) only; no other means of entry will be accepted.

Although online access and an e-mail account are required in order to participate, no purchase is required in order to enter the Contest.

A. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
To enter the Contest entrants must initially register with Rogers On-Demand Online (“RODO”). Go to www.rogersondemand.com (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and complete and submit the registration form as indicated (the “Registration”). All fields must be completed unless indicated as optional. Once your Registration is successful, you will receive a personal identification number (“PIN”) which you may use enter the Contest. Registration and PIN are collectively referred to as an “Account”. You only need to register once. Each entrant must register him or herself. Limit: One (1) Account per person. Any attempts to exceed one (1) Account per person is a violation of these Official Contest Rules and may result in disqualification and void of all the entries. Remember to keep your Account information confidential; you are responsible for all activity associated with your Account.

B. HOW TO ENTER & PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST
Once you have registered your Account and logged on to the Contest Website using your Account information, you will be directed to enter the Contest via the Contest Facebook Application (new Facebook users will need to first open a free Facebook account) using the PIN and email addressed provided/used during Account Registration. Follow the prompts on the Contest Facebook Application to access and participate in the Contest.

Each entry must be submitted separately by the entrant him or herself. Use of automated devices is prohibited; automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification.

There are three (3) stages to this Contest (each a “Stage”) Participation in the Contest at each Stage is outlined below:

Stage 1:
Stage 1 consists of three phases during which the Contest will be live and open for participation:

Phase I: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET March 21 and closes at 11:59:59 PM ET May 5, 2011
Phase II: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET May 6 and closes at 11:59:59 PM June 19, 2011
Phase III: begins at 12:00:00 AM ET June 20 and closes at 11:59:59 PM August 28, 2011

During Stage 1 entrants will participate (during any or all Phases) in the following ways to earn ballots for entry into the random draws conducted at the end of each Phase.

Daily Trivia Challenge: Entrants will have the opportunity to answer a total of five (5) trivia questions per day during each Phase. Entrants will have 30 seconds to answer each question. Entrants will receive five (5) ballots for each trivia question he/she answers correctly.

Posting Contest on your Wall: Entrants will receive up to five (5) additional ballots per day by posting the Contest score or their placement or the number of ballots they have on his/her Facebook wall. Entrants can post their score as many times per day as they like however the first post per day only, will earn the Entrant five (5) additional ballots. LIMIT five (5) ballots per day.

Lifeline - Help From a Friend: Entrants will have one (1) opportunity to email a friend for help in determining the correct answer to a daily trivia challenge question. Your friend will have 3 days in which to answer the question, after which the request will no longer be valid. Entrants will receive five (5) ballots into the Contest if his/her friend answers the daily trivia question correctly. LIMIT one (1) lifeline email per trivia question (in other words, entrants can only email one (1) friend per trivia question at any given time, but entrants can email that same friend for subsequent trivia questions). LIMIT two (2) lifeline emails per day (in other words, entrants can only request help from their friends on two out of the five trivia questions they can answer). Your friend will be prompted to participate in the Contest by registering at the Contest Website.

There will be one (1) random draw at the end of each Phase to select the entrants who will advance to Stage 2. One (1) entrant will be selected from Phase I and two (2) entrants will be selected from each of Phase II and Phase III from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Phase for a total of five (5) entrants selected to move on to Stage 2 on the Contest. Entrants who are not selected in Phase I or Phase II can participate in Phase III and their ballots will carry forward to Phase III. The random draws will be conducted on the following draw dates (each a “Draw Date” and collectively the “Draw Dates”) and at the times listed below:

- Phase I Draw Date: On or about May 6, 2011 at approximately 11 am ET
- Phase II Draw Date: On or about June 20, 2011 at approximately 11 am ET
- Phase III Draw Date: On or about August 29, 2011 at approximately 11am ET

Stage 2:

At the completion of Stage 1 as noted above, five (5) finalists who will be deemed as “Finalists” will be selected to move on to Stage 2 and travel to Toronto, Ontario (within the dates outlined below) to compete in the final round of trivia to be aired on live television.

Stage 3:
The five (5) Finalists (in order of play as determined by the Finalist who answered the most number of trivia questions correctly as noted above in Stage 2) will then be given the opportunity to punch any three (3) holes in a punch board containing a total of forty (40) available holes (which randomly contain prize descriptions as noted below to determine whether or not he/she has won the prize as outlined in the prize description. In order to win a prize, the selected Finalist must punch three (3) holes containing the same prize description. Once a hole is punched, it cannot be used again by any subsequent Finalist. Note: It is possible that none of the five (5) Finalists will win be eligible to win a prize after punching all three (3) holes in the punch board. Odds of winning a prize in Phase 3 are 1:100.

4. PRIZES
There are three (3) prizes available to be won as outlined below:

- One (1) Grand Prize consisting of $1,000,000.00 which will be paid out in one lump sum, in the form of a certified cheque made payable in the winner's name.
- Four (4) secondary prizes consisting of $1,000.00 in the form of a certified cheque made payable in the winner's name.