Personal Finance

Need Help- Single Mother get laid off (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2011 7:57 pm
Feb 13, 2011
195 posts
5 upvotes

Need Help- Single Mother get laid off (Ontario)

Can any expert tell me what are the social benefits for a single mother? She just got laid off from her employer. I want to know what are the social benefits she is entitle to get other than EI. She lives in Ontario. Thank you very much.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11802 posts
620 upvotes
Fish0912 wrote: Can any expert tell me what are the social benefits for a single mother? She just got laid off from her employer. I want to know what are the social benefits she is entitle to get other than EI. She lives in Ontario. Thank you very much.

There aren't many social benefits of someone taking government money for not doing any work. There might be some personal benefits to the single mother, though.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
2043 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
mbg wrote: There aren't many social benefits of someone taking government money for not doing any work. There might be some personal benefits to the single mother, though.

Disregard that stupid answer.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
Fish0912 wrote: Can any expert tell me what are the social benefits for a single mother? She just got laid off from her employer. I want to know what are the social benefits she is entitle to get other than EI. She lives in Ontario. Thank you very much.

There is the ontario works program (a.k.a. social assistance or welfare).

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/ow/
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
83 upvotes
mbg wrote: There aren't many social benefits of someone taking government money for not doing any work. There might be some personal benefits to the single mother, though.

winning

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)