Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
3226 posts
107 upvotes
Edmonton

Looking for a LCD monitor.

I'm looking for one that has pivot swivel that'll let me use it in portrait mode. Is there a few you guys can recommend, or a comprehensive list somewhere? I haven't kept up with the nomenclature of the manufacturers so it's a pain in the ass to go through every site to look for that feature in order to compare specs. Anything about the monitor stand I should watch out for? Thanks.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
3226 posts
107 upvotes
Edmonton
Amourek wrote: I believe you're looking for the Dell U2311H. It's got an IPS panel, pivot, swivel, tilt, HDMI, DisplayPort, and even a USB hub built in.

Thanks, but I was hoping for something cheaper since I'll need two for the set up. I'll probably settle for TN panels. Do you know additional models from other manufacturers? I could only find one other one so far: Asus VW228TLB.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Amourek wrote: I believe you're looking for the Dell U2311H. It's got an IPS panel, pivot, swivel, tilt, HDMI, DisplayPort, and even a USB hub built in.
you've got a very expensive taste..without the doubt. Great monitor but pricey.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/wc1std.png[/IMG]

Timing is everything.. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1736 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
I stand with Amourek's recommendation.

ips panels are so amazing :)
⬅⬇⬆➡
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
3226 posts
107 upvotes
Edmonton
JLee wrote: I stand with Amourek's recommendation.

ips panels are so amazing :)

Are IPS panels good for gaming? That particular one has 8ms response time and that seems a tad high.
Dec 25, 2009
143 posts
10 upvotes
Sheky wrote: Are IPS panels good for gaming? That particular one has 8ms response time and that seems a tad high.

Anything under 10ms is fine for gaming. Anything lower than that is just a marketing gimmick.