Such as Youmano.com or Yesup.net or Distrubitel.ca

cheers.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1098 posts
416 upvotes
Pickering
Sounds like someone is still on a grandfathered unlimited plan, which Bell likes to jack up the price of every now and then to get people off of.
MS MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010-2016
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
So you mean there are still people with Bhell ? .... interesting. :twisted:

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Who pays that? Go to teksavvy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
May wrote: teksavvy price not Impressive as Youmano.com price for Unlimited

DSL Beside Youmano have a Fantastic user Rating

http://www.dslreports.com/comments/3701

http://www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/isp_c ... &ispid=140

cheers.

Based on TWO reviews on dslreports? TSI has several hundred, you can't get an accurate picture with 2 ratings. Either way, I've never heard of them probably because they aren't available in my area, and dsl is bad around here thanks to bell.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
164 upvotes
redgrandam wrote: Based on TWO reviews on dslreports? TSI has several hundred, you can't get an accurate picture with 2 ratings. Either way, I've never heard of them probably because they aren't available in my area, and dsl is bad around here thanks to bell.
Teksavvy is a Superb company with an excellent
Tech & customer service support, But the big
question is can they price match Youmano price
for the Unlimited High Speed DSL.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
May wrote: Teksavvy is a Superb company with an excellent

More competition is always good! Certainly TSI is more for unlimited, but their cable prices are way better oddly, which is what I'm switching to anyways. I don't known if any ISP here that has unlimited at that price. Crazy.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
51 upvotes
May wrote: Teksavvy is a Superb company with an excellent

Teksavvy is a Superb company with an excellent
Tech & customer service support

is a MYTH.

But I have to agree they are not bad. Their support is bit slow. and last year during December they were horrible.
But I find them Honest and not like Bell.
The reason staff on vacations, Phone problems. Under-staff, New people and untrained one.
I identified their phone problems they even didn't know about it. After I posted on DSLR they checked and resolved it.
But their phone system kept on giving trouble for long time. Like till Mid Jan this year.
If you had Rogers before then TS would be same experience like Rogers.
The bad thing is I dont like the connection and moving charges. And the $99 charges.
The good thing is more bandwidth and less money. Much less compared to Bell.

They are not excellent but much better and honest IMO.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
champlinD wrote: Teksavvy is a Superb company with an excellent
Tech & customer service support

is a MYTH.

But I have to agree they are not bad. Their support is bit slow. and last year during December they were horrible.
But I find them Honest and not like Bell.
The reason staff on vacations, Phone problems. Under-staff, New people and untrained one.
I identified their phone problems they even didn't know about it. After I posted on DSLR they checked and resolved it.
But their phone system kept on giving trouble for long time. Like till Mid Jan this year.
If you had Rogers before then TS would be same experience like Rogers.
The bad thing is I dont like the connection and moving charges. And the $99 charges.
The good thing is more bandwidth and less money. Much less compared to Bell.

They are not excellent but much better and honest IMO.
\
Why don't you survey how many people actually pay that $99.00 service call fee? Unless you are completely uninformed about the internet, it's rather easy to isolate the connection problem (end user vs. external feed). The only time one will pay the service call fee is if the problem is on your end which in my book is fair enough.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
eldiablo wrote: \
Why don't you survey how many people actually pay that $99.00 service call fee? Unless you are completely uninformed about the internet, it's rather easy to isolate the connection problem (end user vs. external feed). The only time one will pay the service call fee is if the problem is on your end which in my book is fair enough.

Not to mention bell or Rogers will also charge around that amount if you gave service with them and they think your problem is inside wiring.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
51 upvotes
eldiablo wrote: \
I am uninformed about internet but take time to read TekSavvy forum on DSLR.
Rogers has never charged me anything over the years even if its problem inside the house.
I may not be informed about internet but I am sure using it long before you used it.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
champlinD wrote: I am uninformed about internet but take time to read TekSavvy forum on DSLR.
Rogers has never charged me anything over the years even if its problem inside the house.
I may not be informed about internet but I am sure using it long before you used it.

If you were with TSI in that case you wouldn't have been charged either as it would still be a Rogers tech doing the repair. With cable my understanding is you are not responsible for repairs to anything up to the modem connection. If you were renting your modem then that would be the only difference because that would have been Rogers responsibility to repair.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1310 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone summarize here the relative savings in dollars from the other "unlimited" services as compared to Sympatico? Also, are they truly unlimited? Or are they just soft-caps?