• Apr 19th, 2011 3:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes

Canada Post Shipping

I ordered a lens from Aden Camera since it had a good deal. Shipped last thursday, arrived in Ottawa Friday, and now its stuck.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/ ... &LOCALE=en

Says updated delivery day of yesterday, and processed in Local Post Office on the 16th. How much longer should I wait before I call and figure out whats going on? I'm not in a huge rush, but I would have liked the lens by the day it was promissed considering I paid for expeditted shipping.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
What do you mean - it's stuck?

Sounds to me as if it was routed incorrectly, the problem was recognized and corrected and you should expect delivery now.

If not, it sounds as if it's sitting at your local postal outlet and you have to pick it up - but then you should have received a delivery notice.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
2011/04/16 07:37 OTTAWA Item processed at local delivery facility
2011/04/15 22:39 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility
09:10 NEPEAN Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay
06:45 OTTAWA Item processed at local delivery facility
06:35 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility
2011/04/14 22:31 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
16:28 TORONTO Item accepted at the Post Office
16:20 SCARBOROUGH Order information received by Canada Post

Should I call and ask if its available then? I have received no notice or anything. Just wondering why its been at a local delivery facility since Saturday with no updates.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
How big do you think the package is?

Do you normally get packages shipped by Canada Post delivered or do you have to pick them up?

For me, if the package is larger than what will fit in my mail box, I get a delivery notice to pick up the package.
But I remember I had one case a year or so ago when I didn't get a notice - the clerk at the post office knew me and mentioned there was a second package for me when I picked up the one I received a notice for.

So it all depends how you get packages normally.
If you have a telephone number for your local postal outlet where they receive mail for you. you can call them and ask if they have a parcel for you.
Calling the regular Canada Post number will just get you the same into that's in the tracking notice.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
This is a new apartment, bottom half of a duplex, so I don't know. I've only used UPS and Purolator to ship to it before. So no idea what to expect. Its a small prime lens, so the box should easily fit in my mailbox...it says it requires signature though, so I assume I would receive notice.

I don't know what my local post office would be, there are two about equal distance.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
In that case - for an delivery to an apartment where the items requires a signature, I would think you have to pick up the item.
Wait for the mail tomorrow - if you don't get a pick-up slip call Canada Post, they should be able to tell you which postal outlet would have your items based on your address/postal code.
Then you could go there in case the delivery notice was lost somehow.

PS: Take a print-out of the tracking information and some ID.