Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge

Recommendation for a Wireless N Router

I've had the D-link DIR 655 for about a year and half, and it has been on and off with this thing. It doesn't seem to like the 360 slim, which disconnects from live every 5 minutes or most of the time can't even find the network.

Any recommendations? Might consider the Linksys or Cisco, but definitely not getting D-link.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Good commentary on the lousy dlink firmware. How much do you want to spend? I am currently using the linksys wrt610n with dd-wrt firmware. It is rock solid. The current replacement is the e3000. Canada computer sells these for $140. They do have sales from time to time. If you search this forum, you will see people talking about the e4200 which may come to Canada soon. The e4200 is supposed to be really good for wireless performance.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
will888 wrote: Good commentary on the lousy dlink firmware. How much do you want to spend? I am currently using the linksys wrt610n with dd-wrt firmware. It is rock solid. The current replacement is the e3000. Canada computer sells these for $140. They do have sales from time to time. If you search this forum, you will see people talking about the e4200 which may come to Canada soon. The e4200 is supposed to be really good for wireless performance.
Price is not really a problem, i might consider the Linksys e3000 or Cisco Valet Plus M20-CA. The Netgear WNDR3700 sounds good and has been getting steady reviews.

Right now anything is better than D-link.
eldiablo wrote: have you tried port forwarding config?

http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... 0index.htm

I tried port forwarding, but none of my devices like this router, it connects for about half hour or so then loses the network connection. XBL doesn't last 10 minutes without disconnecting. Sometimes it lasts for the day and others not at all.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
Asus RT-N16 is on sale for $75 at NCIX this week.