• May 3rd, 2011 7:32 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2002
1177 posts
9 upvotes

best place to run a credit check?

I need to run 2 credit checks on potential tenants. What information do I need from them? What site should I use? Any deals out there :P
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2033 posts
334 upvotes
You can use Equifax or Tranunion. You will need a business account with them, pay-as-you-go which will charge you a fees for each report that you pull. You need name, addresses (in past 3 years). No deals that I know of. Call them to enquire.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2002
1177 posts
9 upvotes
What's required to open a business account? If it's a long process I may just have them run there own checks and send them to me.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
are you required to run the credit report?

can't you ask your tenant to run it for you and give you a copy?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2033 posts
334 upvotes
DISH wrote: What's required to open a business account? If it's a long process I may just have them run there own checks and send them to me.

I think you must have a registered company to open a business account. You can also do what you suggested. That way they are responsible for the hassle etc but it might also turn some good potential tenants away. People can find that to be offensive as well etc. Then again, its your place so your rules. So sort of like when a Company asks for criminal background check as a condition of employment, and you have to get it done at your expense.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2002
1177 posts
9 upvotes
I just asked them to do it themselves. Even if it is rude to ask it's almost $2,000 a month. I would sleep better knowing they pay there bills.