Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener

Videocard problems

I tried to install a new video card in the famous 19.97 HP dc5750 I got from staples but the card doesn't work.
I bough a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-I/VGA PCI-Express Graphics Card and when inserted in the PCI-e
port system doesn't even POST, I can't hear the HDD mor see anything hapepning on the monitor.
Once I pulled it , everything gores back to normal

I tried the card in my other , newer system, and works like a charm.

Any ideas ?

TIA

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
look30 wrote: I tried to install a new video card in the famous 19.97 HP dc5750 I got from staples but the card doesn't work.
I bough a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-I/VGA PCI-Express Graphics Card and when inserted in the PCI-e
port system doesn't even POST, I can't hear the HDD mor see anything hapepning on the monitor.
Once I pulled it , everything gores back to normal

I tried the card in my other , newer system, and works like a charm.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Likely because your PSU doesn't have enough juice. A $20 computer? Now that's a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Did you go into the BIOS and switch the video from on board integrated (IGP) to PCI?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
DiceMan wrote: Did you go into the BIOS and switch the video from on board integrated (IGP) to PCI?

Close :)

I updated the BIOS to the newest version and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for feedback.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)