• Nov 5th, 2012 10:12 am
Tags:
None
Jan 17, 2009
887 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto

Any experience with mmo1st.com?

Want to buy some Diablo 2 keys. Wondering if they sell the same keys over and over like other similar sites.
Anyone have experience with these guys?
7 replies
Jan 8, 2007
78 posts
6 upvotes
bought sc and diablo2 cdkey from them before, no problem
Jan 17, 2009
887 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
You must've been mistaken, but thanks for the link. In the essay he was complaining about another site but at the end he added that
[QUOTE]If you are looking for a legitimate site for Diablo keys, after this experience I went to http://www.mmo1st.com/ and got a pair of working keys for $7. No problem at all from them, unlike the scammer/con artist/fraud at Diablo-Keys.com who will charge you $5 and then proceed to harass and threaten you – and just generally waste your time. I have also heard that http://www.g2buy.com/ is a reputable outfit and sells only working keys.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
xerane wrote: You must've been mistaken, but thanks for the link. In the essay he was complaining about another site but at the end he added that
sorry, I meant one of the comments below the article.
Oct 30, 2012
1 posts
I bought a gw2 key and it stops working after 1 day, they didn’t refund and PayPal claim failed...so I got scam
Nov 4, 2012
1 posts
seshom wrote: I bought a gw2 key and it stops working after 1 day, they didn’t refund and PayPal claim failed...so I got scam
Same here. Wish I'd found this post before ordering from them. The Guild Wars 2 key I bought activated with no problems. However, it will be disabled after a few weeks because it was bought using a stolen credit card and resold to you. Here is the email from support@guildwars2.com:

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you registered was originally purchased from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/. This purchase was made using a stolen credit/debit card and was thus flagged as a fraudulent charge. This resulted in the provided serial code being permanently disabled.

And if you think you're safe because you paid with Paypal, think again. They closed my dispute without any refund and the reason that the product is intangible. I can't believe that in this day and age, buyer protection does not cover software or keys purchased off the net. Paypal should update their policy otherwise there will be more scams because they let the scammers get away with cases like this. :mad:
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
yslooi wrote: Same here. Wish I'd found this post before ordering from them. The Guild Wars 2 key I bought activated with no problems. However, it will be disabled after a few weeks because it was bought using a stolen credit card and resold to you. Here is the email from support@guildwars2.com:

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you registered was originally purchased from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/. This purchase was made using a stolen credit/debit card and was thus flagged as a fraudulent charge. This resulted in the provided serial code being permanently disabled.

And if you think you're safe because you paid with Paypal, think again. They closed my dispute without any refund and the reason that the product is intangible. I can't believe that in this day and age, buyer protection does not cover software or keys purchased off the net. Paypal should update their policy otherwise there will be more scams because they let the scammers get away with cases like this. :mad:
Why should buyer protection apply to purchasing stolen goods? I can't believe that in this day and age, people still don't believe the age old mantra "If it's too good to be true, it probably is".

If you bought an iPhone at a deep discount from some sketchy dude on the street, who would you go to for a refund if you couldn't activate the phone?