• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 10:10 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12577 upvotes
Markham

RBC credit card

for some reason,I need a RBC credit card,won't really use it for daily purchase purpose,so reward is not a big deal for me,but I don't want to pay annual fee. So I found following two cards:

Rewards VISA Gold and VISA Platinum

It seems to me the only different between them is gold reward has this feature and platinum doesn't:
Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every two dollars in purchases you spend on the card

Is my understanding correct? I didn't see RBC has a lot choices in terms of no fee,don't like esso one.

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Neither, I would rather get the MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard.

But you're probably getting a RBC CC because you need it for the monthly rebate?

Personally I like the Gold more because of the rewards points.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12577 upvotes
Markham
samm wrote: Neither, I would rather get the MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard.

But you're probably getting a RBC CC because you need it for the monthly rebate?

Personally I like the Gold more because of the rewards points.

Thanks

yes,right now,i use smart cash for my daily purchase. just somehow for some reason,need a RBC card for rarely use. went to their website,not really have choice. probably have to apply gold card
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I would choose VISA Gold Rewards vs. VISA Platinum because the Gold Rewards counts towards the multi-product discount (meaning that it helps you get discounts for bank account fees.) The regular Platinum card does not count. (However "Platinum Preferred" counts.)
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 17, 2006
587 posts
112 upvotes
In addition to what was said, platinum visa gives you Commission Free Travellers Cheques, where rewards gold visa does not.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13901 upvotes
Markham
smartie wrote: Thanks

yes,right now,i use smart cash for my daily purchase. just somehow for some reason,need a RBC card for rarely use. went to their website,not really have choice. probably have to apply gold card

why does it have to be rbc? why cant it be td or cibc or scotia? or is this for waiving fees for your bank account?