• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2011 8:58 pm
Tags:
None
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes

GST/HST July 5th delay?

Hi, the next check is coming out on tuesday july 5th will it get delayed due to the backlog of the mail?
I was thinking of starting direct deposit will it take effective immediatly or will it be the next check in october?

thanks
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1249 posts
42 upvotes
Canada Post is back on business but it's going to take extra longer for mails to be deliver..
:arrow: JussB
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2009
1009 posts
65 upvotes
ally12 wrote: the next check in october?
This
Being broke is childish and I'm quite grown
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
ally12 wrote: Hi, the next check is coming out on tuesday july 5th will it get delayed due to the backlog of the mail?
I was thinking of starting direct deposit will it take effective immediatly or will it be the next check in october?

thanks
too late to start direct deposit for the July payment.
Sep 4, 2010
374 posts
35 upvotes
Correct. However, I highly recommend it. So much faster. I always get it before my friends do, and I save a trip to the bank.

As well, if you live in Quebec, and have the new monthly Solidarity Tax Credit (with has to be direct deposit), it's just so much simpler to automate everything.
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
bump

has anyone received it yet ?
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
^^ thanks since i have it delivered by snail mail i will have to wait a little longer
Dec 11, 2006
116 posts
17 upvotes
ally12 wrote: Hi, the next check is coming out on tuesday july 5th will it get delayed due to the backlog of the mail?

thanks

Generally, you have to give yourself at least 2-3 weeks for any new/changed Direct Deposit info to take effect. It's not instant. If you're changing it, don't close your old bank account until you see it has switched successfully.

If you are on CPP and/or OAS, which is paid by Direct Deposit on the third last banking day of the month for instance, you need to make your changes by the 5th of the month in order for the change to take effect that month. I know this because I just switched to ING Direct this way. It also states this fact on the Service Canada website. So, for example, CPP/OAS goes direct deposit on July 27th. So really, you need a lead time of 22 days in this case, or else if you miss the cutoff it won't be switched until August.

Or, in your example, the next GST/HST payment on October 5th.
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
zachary1 wrote: Generally, you have to give yourself at least 2-3 weeks for any new/changed Direct Deposit info to take effect. It's not instant. If you're changing it, don't close your old bank account until you see it has switched successfully.

If you are on CPP and/or OAS, which is paid by Direct Deposit on the third last banking day of the month for instance, you need to make your changes by the 5th of the month in order for the change to take effect that month. I know this because I just switched to ING Direct this way. It also states this fact on the Service Canada website. So, for example, CPP/OAS goes direct deposit on July 27th. So really, you need a lead time of 22 days in this case, or else if you miss the cutoff it won't be switched until August.

Or, in your example, the next GST/HST payment on October 5th.
thanks I complete the online form they say they sending something in the mail with futhur instructions to complete the transition
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Direct Deposit. Much simpler. Too late now, but I would sign up now for future rebate cheques.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
I haven't received mine for this month yet. I have it through mail. What's going on?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
GP Legend wrote: I haven't received mine for this month yet. I have it through mail. What's going on?

I just got my Notice of Direct Deposit on Tuesday, you should likely be getting your cheque any day now.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
Still haven't received mine. Am I even going to get it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)