Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT: Napoleon TR485 BBQ 1/2 price - $399

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2011 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] CT: Napoleon TR485 BBQ 1/2 price - $399

Propane
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2 ... ?locale=en

NG
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2 ... ?locale=en

Let the flaming begin about BBQs assembled in China and this not being a real Napoleon.

Keep in mind this BBQ is $400. It cannot be compared with the $1000+ Napoleon models. It is great value at this price.

I bought one a few years ago when they were clearing out the Red one and it it excellent.

Stock may be limited, check your local store. Good Luck!

EDIT: I know there is a BBQ deals thread, but I think this should be in the regular Hot Deals section.
17 replies
Jul 31, 2005
138 posts
43 upvotes
Discontinued. Good luck finding one near you. GTA chances are verys slim.
May 9, 2007
241 posts
77 upvotes
Ottawa
they also have the small portable napoleon on sale for 59.99 instead of 199.99$
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1242 posts
27 upvotes
Windsor
newked wrote: they also have the small portable napoleon on sale for 59.99 instead of 199.99$

Whoa, that's hot!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1844 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
HOT imo! Now I just need to find stock :( . Really want to get this for pop's for his bday present!

*UPDATE*: So I had a CSR check stock for me within the GTA, seems like there is no stock showing up in the system in the GTA as its discontinued. Looks like its very YMMV as you may have to physically go to your store to check for "ghost" stock! what a bummer :(
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Probably no inventory in K-W for both.........all say 'call for availability'
May 20, 2003
253 posts
7 upvotes
i tried peterborough, scarborough, markam, milton, bomanville, no stock.
my only hope might be to try and buy a floor unit
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
4212 posts
384 upvotes
Canada
I purchased a TR605 from CT back in 2008 when it was on sale for $699. It has been a solid BBQ since. I live in Quebec and use it year round. I have no issues with it. Last week the regulator valve cracked (plastic part) and I received a prompt replacement from Napoleon in 3 business days.

I debated for a good 3 months whether to go for a "true" Napoleon at three times the cost, or the Ted Reader model from CT.

I am glad I made this choice. These BBQ's are top notch, not hot spots, even grilling, and the IR burner on mine is awesome for searing.

A+ for this series of grills for those on a budget, but still want a quality, long lasting grill.
Jun 9, 2003
242 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
Same here! Bought at CT in 2008 on sale for 499 and still going strong! I grill year round, and this is the best BBQ I've ever owned. I love the easy slide out tray for easy cleaning.
direct-x wrote: I purchased a TR605 from CT back in 2008 when it was on sale for $699. It has been a solid BBQ since. I live in Quebec and use it year round. I have no issues with it. Last week the regulator valve cracked (plastic part) and I received a prompt replacement from Napoleon in 3 business days.

I debated for a good 3 months whether to go for a "true" Napoleon at three times the cost, or the Ted Reader model from CT.

I am glad I made this choice. These BBQ's are top notch, not hot spots, even grilling, and the IR burner on mine is awesome for searing.

A+ for this series of grills for those on a budget, but still want a quality, long lasting grill.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
cross2010 wrote: Same here! Bought at CT in 2008 on sale for 499 and still going strong! I grill year round, and this is the best BBQ I've ever owned. I love the easy slide out tray for easy cleaning.

+3

I also bought a TR605 around the same time, and my dad now has it since I moved into a condo. The thing is still going strong and is a wonderful grill.
Feb 3, 2005
297 posts
45 upvotes
Darn, I called a couple stores in Vancouver and was told the Travel Q is sold out here. $59.99 is a steal for this. Costco had this for $149.99 a couple of months ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
We have a Napoleon BBQ that we have had for maybe 15+ years now, and it works great.
It was one of the most expensive models available back then, and this was before you could buy Napoleon BBQ's in big chain stores like CT.
Our old Napoleon looks different then the one above as there is no plastic peices on ours, and we have the porcelain coated black exterior surface instead of stainless steel ( easier to clean), and a large side burner.

Since then the only problem we had with it was that last year the main burner rusted through and needed replacing.
We took the burner into the BBQ/fireplace store where we bought it years ago, and they gave us a brand new burner free of charge, since supposidly these stainless steel burners on the Napoleon BBQ's have lifetime warrenty ( at least ours did)

Having used other BBQ's ( friends/family ) the best thing i like about our Napoleon model is that the grill surfaces are porcelain covered, thus making it so much easier to clean and helps keeps meat from sticking to it.

After all these years ours still works great always starts on first try ( we never had to replace starter), thus i see no reason to have to buy a new one, but if i was in the market for a BBQ, i would definately buy another. ( assuming they are still built to the same quality standards they used to).

In this time i have had friends that are probably on their 8th cheapo model, thus overall even though we paid more at the start, i think we were better off since we never had to replace it every other year.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
Darn it - if only this model had a side burner... that's what I'm looking for is a decent sub-$500 BBQ with a side burner...
Apr 4, 2006
478 posts
61 upvotes
trex wrote: Darn, I called a couple stores in Vancouver and was told the Travel Q is sold out here. $59.99 is a steal for this. Costco had this for $149.99 a couple of months ago.

Nothing in the GTA as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
mr.interested wrote: In this time i have had friends that are probably on their 8th cheapo model, thus overall even though we paid more at the start, i think we were better off since we never had to replace it every other year.

You've enjoyed a better BBQ'ing experience all these years as well. I'll never cheap out on a grill again after using a mid-high level model.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1728 posts
658 upvotes
Kitchener
can you price match somewhere... home depot perhaps?