Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

New Koodo plans (Includes nationwide mins $15,20,25,35,45 no Zones)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2011 1:12 am
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2007
167 posts
93 upvotes

[Koodo] New Koodo plans (Includes nationwide mins $15,20,25,35,45 no Zones)

https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html

Basically eliminates Long Distance and your not refined to a Home Zone (Wind, Mobilicity) Add this with the rumored $25 for 2gb plan. The plans do not come with unlimited texts/mms/cid/vm?

There is no official start day take this as a rumor. They also just launched the iPhone 4.

So this would be like the States. Nationwide minutes no more LD if you pick up anywhere in Canada
164 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
$45 for unlimited plus $25 for 2gb they are not much different then virgin or the offer I got from bell. I am guessing you will have to cough up for text and VM

Given they give me 200 local minutes with 1gb, VM, CD, unlimited text and video and picture, early even and weekends for $55 plus unlimited LD for $20. Still puts me in $75 range just lacks local day time minutes but has al the other features (virgin offered the same).

2GB is useless for a blackberry unless your tethering. Going insane on my phone surfing I have yet to go over 500mb.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jun 20, 2004
163 posts
39 upvotes
I can confirm that if you have an existing account, you can go in there and switch to these plans right now.
Mar 7, 2007
83 posts
7 upvotes
I don't understand the hype.

Chatr's unlimited plans are still cheaper/better -- except that they don't have data :\
Sep 21, 2004
11412 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
raz123 wrote: I don't understand the hype.

Chatr's unlimited plans are still cheaper/better -- except that they don't have data :\

Only idiots would sign up with Chatr... just another flanking brand from Rogers.
Mar 7, 2007
83 posts
7 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Only idiots would sign up with Chatr... just another flanking brand from Rogers.

How so?

I know Fido CSRs that have signed up with more competitive Chatr plans.
Nov 25, 2009
465 posts
147 upvotes
Duncan
This change is appealing to me as I live in rural Canada. With my current Koodo plan I can't answer the phone when I'm home unless I want to pay LD fees. It may not be that exciting for everyone who already lives in the big cities, but us country folk might be more interested.
Jul 3, 2008
546 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
g_althena wrote: This change is appealing to me as I live in rural Canada. With my current Koodo plan I can't answer the phone when I'm home unless I want to pay LD fees. It may not be that exciting for everyone who already lives in the big cities, but us country folk might be more interested.

I'm in the same boat. I live in the small town, but have a big city number.
All I really need is the $20 plan for the free evening/weekends so I can chat with my friends & family from time to time.
The minutes aren't a real issue since plans are billed per second. $6 for CID. That's under $30 all-in.
Option to add 2gb for $25 adds flexibility. I've got 3 Telus lines and I'm definitely switching one line over to Koodo
Apr 20, 2011
5 posts
LONDON
Logged into my Koodo account and they do have the Canadian Long Distance. Here is the $35 plan:

•5pm Evenings & Weekends
•911 Government Fee
•Call Display Outbound
•Call Waiting
•Conference Calling
•Extra LD Rate (Cdn)
•Koodo Data & SMS Rates
•Koodo HSPA
•Provisioning Service
•Text Messaging Services
•US Roam Air @1.35
•US Roam Toll @ $0.00Cdn
•Unlimited Incoming Calls
•Unltd Local Family Calling
•50 Text Messages
•Unlimited Canadian LD

How does Roaming work on Koodo if I take this plan? Will incoming be free wherever I have coverage? This would be awesome!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1769 posts
190 upvotes
Anyone knows what is BlackBerry Basic -Social Trial $10.00?
Jul 18, 2011
366 posts
13 upvotes
TORONTO
They're getting better smartphone lastly too

b166er1337 wrote: ... just another flanking brand from Rogers.

I think Koodo is from Tellus
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
TickPasha wrote: They're getting better smartphone lastly too

yes, it's telus
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
desivibe wrote: Logged into my Koodo account and they do have the Canadian Long Distance. Here is the $35 plan:

•5pm Evenings & Weekends
•911 Government Fee
•Call Display Outbound
•Call Waiting
•Conference Calling
•Extra LD Rate (Cdn)
•Koodo Data & SMS Rates
•Koodo HSPA
•Provisioning Service
•Text Messaging Services
•US Roam Air @1.35
•US Roam Toll @ $0.00Cdn
•Unlimited Incoming Calls
•Unltd Local Family Calling
•50 Text Messages
•Unlimited Canadian LD

How does Roaming work on Koodo if I take this plan? Will incoming be free wherever I have coverage? This would be awesome!

As far as I know, if you stay within canada that has Telus coverage, your minutes are still unlimited with no charges
Dec 24, 2008
296 posts
6 upvotes
box
So if I have a Toronto number and heads to kingston to pick up a call, would I be charged Long Distance? Or just my local minutes?
Mar 6, 2008
90 posts
12 upvotes
TickPasha wrote: They're getting better smartphone lastly too

You should read again the quote... he was referring to Chatr -> Rogers
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1755 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
lawfirm_fan42 wrote: Incoming calls are never charged long distance rates on any provider, just uses your regular minutes unless you are out of the providers service area (e.g. in the US).. If your out of the provider's coverage then you would just be charged fairly high roaming red's for incoming calls and roaming fees + into long distance for outgoing calls. So to the people who live in rural Canada but have a big city number: you can still answer your phone without paying LD rates at home, and without any extra fees besides minute usage if your provider has coverage where you are

That's not true unless your plan includes Canadian LD.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3434 posts
42 upvotes
Coquitlam
lawfirm_fan42 wrote: Incoming calls are never charged long distance rates on any provider, just uses your regular minutes unless you are out of the providers service area (e.g. in the US)..

I don't think this is true. If you have an Ontario number and pick up call while you are in BC, you are charged regular airtime + Canadian long distance.
Jul 20, 2011
338 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Badger wrote: I don't think this is true. If you have an Ontario number and pick up call while you are in BC, you are charged regular airtime + Canadian long distance.

If you dont have long distance plan, then if you have a London Ontario number and you are in Toronto and receive a call you get charged long distance (your regular time + long distance charge)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)