Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 i3 - $649 and i5 - $729

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2011 9:52 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 i3 - $649 and i5 - $729

Don't know how hot this deal is but I decided to post anyways. The i3 configuration is going for $649 and the i5 for $729. I've been looking at the i5 configuration for a while and it was $799 yesterday. The i7 is also going for $899.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... ction=init
28 replies
Jul 9, 2006
176 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm looking into the y470, looks like a good deal. Thanks!!
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Why not get a Thinkpad for a little more?

Ideapad is the redheaded stepchild of the Lenovo family.
Jan 29, 2008
634 posts
92 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Why not get a Thinkpad for a little more?

thinkpads don't have the Geforce GT550m
May 30, 2011
265 posts
31 upvotes
North York
I prefer the JBL speakers and Glare/non-matt screen of IdeaPad Y470, I have the i7 versions, roughly a month ago with the best eCoupon $924 before tax
Dec 12, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
If the price drops within 21 days from the date of purchase, Lenovo will match it for you and give you a refund.

Just talked to a rep and that's what he told me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
rcheung13 wrote: The screen resolution is kind of meh...
Yeah I do find it kind of interesting in that the Thinkpad line often have the better screens (or at least the option to upgrade to a higher resolution screen) but crappier GPU options vs the better GPU options in the Ideapads but crappier screen options.

(unless Lenovo has a line that combines both that I am unaware of).
vero95: :facepalm:
Mar 9, 2010
68 posts
23 upvotes
Laval
[QUOTE](unless Lenovo has a line that combines both that I am unaware of).[/QUOTE]

I guess that would be the T or W series!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
dusshyi wrote: I guess that would be the T or W series!

which T series has a similar GPU to the GT550m?
vero95: :facepalm:
Jul 1, 2008
259 posts
33 upvotes
Is anyone familiar with the fan noise level on this model?

I know its hard to find a laptop that has reasonable noise levels, especially when gaming, but I've never owned Lenovo before so unsure about their quality in this regard.
Jan 29, 2008
634 posts
92 upvotes
magictrickx wrote: Is anyone familiar with the fan noise level on this model?

I know its hard to find a laptop that has reasonable noise levels, especially when gaming, but I've never owned Lenovo before so unsure about their quality in this regard.

I've read reviews that you CAN hear the fan when gaming, but it's quiet when you turn off optimus
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
I've been watching the y570 for the past month and hoping to see something else pop up on the market for a similar price but not happening yet. I'm amazed how much their prices fluctuate on a daily level though. The top of the line y570 was $899 yesterday and today is $949. A few days ago it was hovering around the $989 mark. A month ago it was over $1000 most days. Today the i5 2410M with 6 GB's RAM, GT 555M vid card and 750 GB drive is $769 which seems like a decent price.

There's really nothing out there that can compare to top y570 for the $900 mark (that I've found) but for some reason I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I've never seen an Ideapad in person but I have seen a few Thinkpads in my day and found the build quite to my liking.

Maybe the problem is that I can't find any reviews about the more powerful y570's. Seems most reviews are US and these models either don't have a following yet or they're not available to our US neighbors. You'd think that if this was a decent gamer machine someone out there would be talking about it. In any case if I can get the i7 y570 for $800 during the back to school deals that should be happening soon then I'll bite the bullet and see how it plays.

If someone knows of a better 15" gaming/multimedia laptop (preferably with better monitor resolution and definitely with a video card as strong as the GT 555M) for under $1000 please let me know.

Here's a few links in case someone is comparing laptop Video Cards and CPU's.
Jan 29, 2008
634 posts
92 upvotes
I heard that Lenovo only ships laptops with Bilingual keyboards to Canada, can someone confirm this?
May 30, 2011
265 posts
31 upvotes
North York
My Y470 Canadian version has English keyboard.
The noise level is a bit higher when gaming (in general when in peak intense gaming) than normal internet browsing.
But there is a programe or switch to lower the fan noise a bit, built in with Y470, cannot recall what's that name.
As I seldom use that and may have turned off already.
I think when turn on, the noise is constantly little little higher than not gaming, but little lower than full blow gameing (if gaming with turn off this feature).

I think the Dell XPS 15" is very comparable to the Y570 (it was out after I bought my Y470), with gaming graphic card 2GB, also has JBL but I think someone mention Dell has sub-wofer at the bottom, and price is very compareable, of course when compare with discount/coupon not full price. Please check www for eCoupon before you buy Lenovo or Dell. Even RedFlagDeal has very good deal way back and sure in nearest future.

The Y470 and Y570 are very popular gaming notebooks (some trying to replace their desktop gameing) which in RedFlagDeal had a good discount and so a detail discussion way back roughly a month ago, at the time I bought my Y470. Maybe you can do a search in RedFlagDeal Forumn - moved.

For my own likeness, the build quality is not as solid as T series, as the screen wobbering (waving back and fro when you shake the screen panel on purpose to test), but overall quality not too bad.
Saw 2 owners reported with pictures of broken screen hingers. Not for me yet. You can search the YouTube for Y570 there are owners showing open box or reviews.

I also had good experience with shipping, I was expecting the worse to wait for a month, it was surprisingly within 10-15 business days (cannot recall exactly) it arrived at my door step with UPS, Lenovo always use UPS not Post office.

This is the site I am constantly checking "Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread", have both Canadian and USA owners.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad ... d-103.html
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Pchiu wrote: My Y470 Canadian version has English keyboard.
The noise level is a bit higher when gaming (in general when in peak intense gaming) than normal internet browsing.
But there is a programe or switch to lower the fan noise a bit, built in with Y470, cannot recall what's that name.
As I seldom use that and may have turned off already.
I think when turn on, the noise is constantly little little higher than not gaming, but little lower than full blow gameing (if gaming with turn off this feature).

I think the Dell XPS 15" is very comparable to the Y570 (it was out after I bought my Y470), with gaming graphic card 2GB, also has JBL but I think someone mention Dell has sub-wofer at the bottom, and price is very compareable, of course when compare with discount/coupon not full price. Please check www for eCoupon before you buy Lenovo or Dell. Even RedFlagDeal has very good deal way back and sure in nearest future.

The Y470 and Y570 are very popular gaming notebooks (some trying to replace their desktop gameing) which in RedFlagDeal had a good discount and so a detail discussion way back roughly a month ago, at the time I bought my Y470. Maybe you can do a search in RedFlagDeal Forumn - moved.

For my own likeness, the build quality is not as solid as T series, as the screen wobbering (waving back and fro when you shake the screen panel on purpose to test), but overall quality not too bad.
Saw 2 owners reported with pictures of broken screen hingers. Not for me yet. You can search the YouTube for Y570 there are owners showing open box or reviews.

I also had good experience with shipping, I was expecting the worse to wait for a month, it was surprisingly within 10-15 business days (cannot recall exactly) it arrived at my door step with UPS, Lenovo always use UPS not Post office.

This is the site I am constantly checking "Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread", have both Canadian and USA owners.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad ... d-103.html

Good info Pchiu but I believe I posted in the other thread as well a month or so ago. I also read through half of the 100+ pages of the notebookreview thread before getting tired of flipping pages. ;) I wish that site had an archive style page like RFD so I could quickly search through all the posts for things that matter to me.

Anyway, the y570 with the i7 -2630QM, 8gb RAM, GT 555M and the 500 GB 7200 RPM hard drive is running $839 today so might pick it up. Seems like a decent machine. Not liking the 3 or 4 week delivery time but I guess that's just how things go. Good luck to anyone picking one up!
Jan 29, 2008
634 posts
92 upvotes
Hexxed wrote: Good info Pchiu but I believe I posted in the other thread as well a month or so ago. I also read through half of the 100+ pages of the notebookreview thread before getting tired of flipping pages. ;) I wish that site had an archive style page like RFD so I could quickly search through all the posts for things that matter to me.

Anyway, the y570 with the i7 -2630QM, 8gb RAM, GT 555M and the 500 GB 7200 RPM hard drive is running $839 today so might pick it up. Seems like a decent machine. Not liking the 3 or 4 week delivery time but I guess that's just how things go. Good luck to anyone picking one up!

I'm looking at $899, how did you get $839? If so that's the hottest price I've seen for this series yet.
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Shady_Dealer wrote: I'm looking at $899, how did you get $839? If so that's the hottest price I've seen for this series yet.

Used this one and followed the standard links. Odd part was that it didn't give me a price until I added it to my cart. Definitely the best price I seen as well though the 750gb and Bluray was $869 the other day. Don't care about Bluray and would rather have a 7200RPM drive over the extra size of the 5400RPM one so this is a better deal in my mind.

Still find Lenovo's daily price fluctuations hard to get used to. Expecting to see this deal getting better towards the end of the month with more back to school deals but not by much and would rather have it sooner than later. Getting closer to hitting that checkout button every day... ;)