• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2011 11:13 am
Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2010
251 posts
9 upvotes

Fund Questrade With ING????

I'm trying to fund my questrade account with ING using online banking but neither ING nor Questrade can help me. The problem is when I setup questrade as my payee on ING, ING asks me to enter a 3-7 digit account number, however, questrade has 8 digit account number (and those two extra numbers). Both ING and Questrade just told me that I need to speak to the other side to solve the problem. The other option I was given was to get the paperwork for the fund transfer. However, I just dont have the time to go about doing it. Has anyone funded their Questrade with ING using online banking?????? Is there a way to do this?
5 replies
Jun 23, 2010
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I just looked in my account and I have Questrade Inc as a bill payment, and a 10 digit account number for each account (I have 3 separate accounts: margin, RRSP and TFSA). Not sure how helpful this is, but that's how they are set up.
Aug 3, 2010
362 posts
139 upvotes
mesaana wrote: I just looked in my account and I have Questrade Inc as a bill payment, and a 10 digit account number for each account (I have 3 separate accounts: margin, RRSP and TFSA). Not sure how helpful this is, but that's how they are set up.

From this incredibly detailed Questrade Review it appears you can actually just enter the 1st 8 digits of the Questrade 10-digit account #. The last 2 digits are actually internal and not necessarily important. This is how one can get around the 8-digit limit imposed by many external banks.

Hope that helps

UPDATE:
Ooops..looks like i read your question wrong. I originally thought you said 3-8 digits for ING. I know this seems a bit unorthodox but have you tried modifying the html input field to remove the min/max attribute to set it to 8 (via Firebug) and then click submit and see what happens? It's possible that their backend database has no set account # limit and its only their front-end client-side screen that has this limit and so one just needs to correct the field to allow for 8 characters. It's worth a shot. :)
Aug 15, 2011
77 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You'd think that there'd be a lot of overlap between ING's and Questrade's customers. How did ING manage to stay this long without anyone complaining about this.

You're trying to fund your Questrade account using bill payments, right?
Jun 23, 2010
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I went back in ING. It says to enter a 3-7 digit number, but you can enter a longer one. That's what I did for my accounts and it works fine...
Nov 25, 2010
251 posts
9 upvotes
AhmadH wrote: You'd think that there'd be a lot of overlap between ING's and Questrade's customers. How did ING manage to stay this long without anyone complaining about this.

You're trying to fund your Questrade account using bill payments, right?
Yes
mesaana wrote: I went back in ING. It says to enter a 3-7 digit number, but you can enter a longer one. That's what I did for my accounts and it works fine...

Thank you im gonna try that and hopefully itll work for me as well!