Tags:
None
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
Personally I think you have to decide if you want to stay in that house or move. If you like your home, your neighborhood, etc then why move? The next house will need work at some point as well. I'd you've determined it's time to upgrade, downsize, whatever - then you have a decision to make.

Also have you considered the costs associated with moving? The real estate fees? Movers? Hookup fees? Window coverings, etc?

I wouldn't move just to save 10-15k on maintenance.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
56 upvotes
NORTH YORK
steve-0101 wrote: Personally I think you have to decide if you want to stay in that house or move. ...

I wouldn't move just to save 10-15k on maintenance.
Absolutely correct.

I have almost same things in my house on todo list. But will do one or two at time every year.
Banned
Feb 10, 2010
789 posts
37 upvotes
Yes you are right.

Moving is already something we are considering anyway, which is why its an option.

Its more a matter of we might want to move, so why pump a bunch of money into this house we won't get back if we sell within a couple years?

But if we are staying then I need advice on the best way to borrow what I need
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3754 upvotes
chances are at this point, you will most likely have to pay for the maintenance costs either way

you stay, you pay the upgrades required
you move, chances are the buyers will know things require upgrading so this will come out of the sale price

so the real choice is, do you want to move or stay

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)