Personal Finance

How long to convert an existing TD Mutual Funds account to TD e-Series Funds???

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2011 7:02 am
Tags:
None
Mar 17, 2008
666 posts
164 upvotes

How long to convert an existing TD Mutual Funds account to TD e-Series Funds???

I wasn't an existing client of TD and after reading here about the 2 ways to open e-Series accounts, I decided to go to a local TD branch to open 3 TD Mutual Funds (TFSA, RRSP and non-registered) and the TD representative filled and sent the Conversion documents with me...

The conversion request was sent on Sept 17... I visited my local branch last week and the told me to wait more. Does it usually take that long??? (it's been 5 weeks!)
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1021 posts
267 upvotes
too me 1 week after send in the paper.
it's not worth it buying e-series if you have more than 5000+
etf is the go~
Jan 18, 2009
85 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Oddly enough I too opened 3 new TD Mutual fund accounts at the same time. I sent in the forms by mail rather than visiting a branch because they wanted me to schedule an appointment.

I had the RRSP and Unregistered accounts up and running by the end of September. I submitted the TFSA conversion form by October 1st and as of this past Thursday the conversion has been processed and I now have the ability to purchase e-series funds in all three accounts.

The nice part of the story, obviously the same person processed all three of my account requests. He or she then sent me a handwritten note with a conversion form and a postage paid envelope letting me know that if I wanted to purchase e-series funds in my TFSA account I would need to submit the form. Definitely a nice touch.

I'd just avoid the branch :)
Nov 28, 2010
171 posts
39 upvotes
heredago wrote: I wasn't an existing client of TD and after reading here about the 2 ways to open e-Series accounts, I decided to go to a local TD branch to open 3 TD Mutual Funds (TFSA, RRSP and non-registered) and the TD representative filled and sent the Conversion documents with me...

The conversion request was sent on Sept 17... I visited my local branch last week and the told me to wait more. Does it usually take that long??? (it's been 5 weeks!)

Hi heredago, its Jen from TD. You’ve got a good point and we want to help you get the answers you need about the status of your account. Once your conversion paperwork is received by us, the process should only take a few business days to be completed. An email is then sent to you with detailed info about how to access your account through EasyWeb. In the past, we have noticed that sometimes when a customer has a spam filter on their email account, these emails can get caught and as a result are not received by the account holder. However, a quick way to verify if your account has been converted to an e-Series account is by checking the branch number displayed in EasyWeb. All e-Series accounts have a branch number of 2378 before the account number on the main EasyWeb screen. If you wish to discuss the status of your account or if you have any other questions, please call TD Investment Services at 1-866-222-3456, option #3 and a Representative would be happy to help. We look forward to speaking with you and happy investing!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
Took me about 4-5 business days. It should be pretty fast.
Mar 17, 2008
666 posts
164 upvotes
I received the following email 2 days ago:
[INDENT]---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:00
Subject: EasyWeb Special Request Form
To: ABCDEF@GHIJK.COM

Dear Mr ABC DEF,

We confirm that your EasyWeb Special Request reference number 1234ABCDE
has been processed.

Thank you for using EasyWeb.
Customer Service, TD Canada Trust.[/INDENT]

TD_Canada wrote: However, a quick way to verify if your account has been converted to an e-Series account is by checking the branch number displayed in EasyWeb. All e-Series accounts have a branch number of 2378 before the account number on the main EasyWeb screen.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/ ... fd1372.jpg[/IMG]

My accounts all start with 2378 so it seems I should be good to go :)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
heredago wrote: My accounts all start with 2378 so it seems I should be good to go :)

Select any asset class that has an e-series fund in it, for example canadian bonds, and you should see one fund with an -e at the end.

But be careful to select the right one as it's easy to select another one since names are so similar.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2010
1090 posts
354 upvotes
Thanh wrote: Select any asset class that has an e-series fund in it, for example canadian bonds, and you should see one fund with an -e at the end.

But be careful to select the right one as it's easy to select another one since names are so similar.

I've also found it's easy to accidentally buy a fund for the wrong account.
Nov 28, 2010
171 posts
39 upvotes
heredago wrote: I received the following email 2 days ago:
[INDENT]---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:00
Subject: EasyWeb Special Request Form
To: ABCDEF@GHIJK.COM

Dear Mr ABC DEF,

We confirm that your EasyWeb Special Request reference number 1234ABCDE
has been processed.

Thank you for using EasyWeb.
Customer Service, TD Canada Trust.[/INDENT]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/ ... fd1372.jpg[/IMG]

My accounts all start with 2378 so it seems I should be good to go :)

Hi hereadgo, its Jen again and that's great news about your accounts! The email you’ve received is actually not in relation to the conversion of your accounts. You will receive these emails when you submit a request to change your chequing account plan, when you order cheques, request a lump sum payment to a loan (and the list goes on) through EasyWeb. If you have any questions about the Special Request email you’ve received, please do not hesitate to call EasyLine toll free at 1-866-222-3456. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)