• Dec 9th, 2011 8:04 pm
Tags:
None
9 replies
Aug 31, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
hoozah wrote: Hello all,

I was at a local costco and found this watch.

[IMG]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss24 ... itizen.png[/IMG]

The price was around $175, but I couldn't find any info on the model (or the original price) anywhere :facepalm:

Is this watch any good?

My wife bought this watch for me and I have to say it is great. You can't find an Eco-Drive watch for that price especially one with all the functions (chrono, tmr, alarm). I think this model is exclusive to Costco. I was looking for info on the watch myself but couldn't find anything online. I did stumble on a leather strap model posted at either Macy's or JC Penny's website. It was exclusive to that dept store.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hoozah wrote: Hello all,

I was at a local costco and found this watch.

The price was around $175, but I couldn't find any info on the model (or the original price) anywhere :facepalm:

Is this watch any good?

Interesting, neither Costco.com nor Costco.ca carry this watch online (or any Citizen watches, for that matter).

Any idea on the model number? I believe 852000 is Costco's stock number and WR 100 is the series of watch.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
ronin1701 wrote: Interesting, neither Costco.com nor Costco.ca carry this watch online (or any Citizen watches, for that matter).

Any idea on the model number? I believe 852000 is Costco's stock number and WR 100 is the series of watch.

WR 100 is water resistant 100M.

Costco often carry stuff in the store that isn't online.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
i bought a pair for my parents one year. Eco-Drive

they never get enough energy because my parents work indoor (office setting), so it's been a pain trying to charge it.

I like Automatic or Kinetic if you want Seiko (which I do)
Aug 31, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
kingofwale wrote: i bought a pair for my parents one year. Eco-Drive

they never get enough energy because my parents work indoor (office setting), so it's been a pain trying to charge it.

I like Automatic or Kinetic if you want Seiko (which I do)

Newer Eco-Drive watches can hold their charge for 8 months. Any source of lighting can be used to charge the watch. Certain functions like digital display are turned off the dark to conserve energy and resume their function in the light. Seiko recently incorporated solar charge in watches like Citizen.
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Found a listing for this watch (or one that looks a lot like it) on eBay. If the information is accurate the model should be JZ1020-54E, with caliber movement U200. Fully charged, this movement can hold a charge for about 8 months. However, I have read too many posts of people having problems when they let the battery/capacitor drain, which is why my Citizens sit on my night table and not in my drawer.

Macy's sold a similar model JZ1020-03E for $221, but with a leather strap.
Dec 12, 2007
395 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I was at Costco Brampton a few weeks ago and a Citizen econo-drive CA0010-50A caught my eye. I remember the model # because I liked it so much I took a picture of it for future reference to see how good of a deal it was. I completely forgot about it until now and I'm sure that particular model is gone. However I like the one you have pictured as well so I think I'll make a trip to Costco in the near future on the hunt for an econo-drive.

Damn you RFD!

The CA0010-50A that I liked was also sub $200 and is on Amazon for $340 now but the dials are a different (uglier IMO) color.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)