Personal Finance

BestBuy Credit Card Financing

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2011 2:43 pm
Jul 25, 2010
55 posts
2 upvotes

BestBuy Credit Card Financing

Just bought a blu-ray player and a few movies a couple of days ago on my new BB CC, I chose the "No interest with minimum payment offer" for 6 months with no admin fee. Signed 3 times at the checkout for the 6 months agreement. Now I check on my Chase account and they've billed me the full $239 price. I'm wondering if they screwed up something and just billed me the full amount now, instead of the $39 for 6 months?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
6daniel wrote: Just bought a blu-ray player and a few movies a couple of days ago on my new BB CC, I chose the "No interest with minimum payment offer" for 6 months with no admin fee. Signed 3 times at the checkout for the 6 months agreement. Now I check on my Chase account and they've billed me the full $239 price. I'm wondering if they screwed up something and just billed me the full amount now, instead of the $39 for 6 months?
That's normal. They bill the entire purchase now. They just won't charge interest on that purchase for 6 months.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1223 upvotes
Halifax
6daniel wrote: Just bought a blu-ray player and a few movies a couple of days ago on my new BB CC, I chose the "No interest with minimum payment offer" for 6 months with no admin fee. Signed 3 times at the checkout for the 6 months agreement. Now I check on my Chase account and they've billed me the full $239 price. I'm wondering if they screwed up something and just billed me the full amount now, instead of the $39 for 6 months?
Well, you just said the offer was no interest for 6 months if you make the minimum payment.

So I assume if you make the minimum payment on the credit card they aren't going to charge you interest. But that doesn't mean they aren't going to show the whole total on the credit card.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1361 posts
107 upvotes
They always bill the full amount since that is your purchase. Then as long as you meet the plan requirements, no interest will be charged. If you don't make the minimum payment, then interest in full will be retroactively applied to the entire purchase. Please tell me you weren't expecting to see a new charge of $39 every month for 6 months :facepalm:

Edit: just thought I'd bold that part for OP. Make sure you make your minimums on time! they will slap on interest so fast (and retroactively too).
Nov 9, 2008
815 posts
464 upvotes
Ottawa
User Name wrote: Please tell me you weren't expecting to see a new charge of $39 every month for 6 months
just an FYI This is how it works in MANY countries/companies...
Jul 25, 2010
55 posts
2 upvotes
User Name wrote: They always bill the full amount since that is your purchase. Then as long as you meet the plan requirements, no interest will be charged. If you don't make the minimum payment, then interest in full will be retroactively applied to the entire purchase. Please tell me you weren't expecting to see a new charge of $39 every month for 6 months :facepalm:

Edit: just thought I'd bold that part for OP. Make sure you make your minimums on time! they will slap on interest so fast (and retroactively too).

Thanks, that makes sense. And I was expecting the total price to be divided over 6 months to pay like the shopping channel does. But yeah the minimum payment thing all makes sense now. :razz:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)