• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2012 11:24 am
Tags:
None
Jul 9, 2010
303 posts
21 upvotes

New $100 Bill

So, what do you guys think of the new $100 bill? Design, utility etc. Anybody try to rip one apart?
30 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3639 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby
I don't care for them much. They look cool, but I find them slippery, sticky, and smell funny. Have you noticed the maple scent?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
poptarts wrote: So, what do you guys think of the new $100 bill? Design, utility etc. Anybody try to rip one apart?

I like it, I can't wait till all the bills change.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1249 posts
42 upvotes
poptarts wrote: So, what do you guys think of the new $100 bill? Design, utility etc. Anybody try to rip one apart?

Dislike it. I tried ripping one but it doesnt work lol..damn! But every dollar bill will be changed.
:arrow: JussB
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Like the design and idea, but in reality its so slippery. I had a wad of them in my pocket (someone paid me back in them) and its so easy to pull it out and drop one.

Anyway, no real complaints because this is something people will just get used to.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
58 upvotes
They thought we had monopoly money before!!!!

And does this mean we can start using them at gas stations again???

Really though, doesn't affect me, never really had need for large bills that's what cards are for.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1249 posts
42 upvotes
Some countries doesn't even know about the new $100 bill..................yet.
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
jacksorbetta wrote: Have you noticed the maple scent?

Lol, they busted this on the news a while ago. It's not true :lol:

The polymer bills have been around elsewhere for quite a while, they're pretty sweet. After they get used a little more they'll be less slippery, and feel a little more papery - you'll see when the 5's become polymer notes.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1249 posts
42 upvotes
hvc wrote: Lol, they busted this on the news a while ago. It's not true :lol:

The polymer bills have been around elsewhere for quite a while, they're pretty sweet. After they get used a little more they'll be less slippery, and feel a little more papery - you'll see when the 5's become polymer notes.

Australia uses polyer bills and some other contries too.

I think $50 polymer will come out this march.
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3639 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby
hvc wrote: Lol, they busted this on the news a while ago. It's not true :lol:

I work with large sums of money (bundles of them), and YES they smell. We make fun of it. I forgot the mention earlier, that once you fold/crease the new bill, it never lays flat again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
Reyshel01 wrote: Australia uses polyer bills and some other contries too.

I think $50 polymer will come out this march.

Yeah, I believe they started producing polymer notes in '88 because of the surfing culture - they're waterproof.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1249 posts
42 upvotes
hvc wrote: Yeah, I believe they started producing polymer notes in '88 because of the surfing culture - they're waterproof.

It honestly feel like a fake dollar bill.
GO LEAFS GO!

BBM pin 2B5A4B98
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
jacksorbetta wrote: I work with large sums of money (bundles of them), and YES they smell. We make fun of it. I forgot the mention earlier, that once you fold/crease the new bill, it never lays flat again.

It's only because somebody has planted the idea of 'maple syrup' in your mind, and as such you'll pick out the scent. It's just a coincidence, the Mint confirmed that it's not actually true.

Once they're in circulation more, you'll see that they will eventually flatten out again - not completely flat, but it will straighten out.

They need to teach you branch people a little more on currency, so you can stop spreading false rumours :lol: Reminds me of the time the branch started saying fake toonies were in circulation because they made a 'hollow' sound when dropped.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1382 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
I love them...they're easier to count because they just slide off and don't stick together.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3639 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby
hvc wrote: It's only because somebody has planted the idea of 'maple syrup' in your mind, and as such you'll pick out the scent. It's just a coincidence, the Mint confirmed that it's not actually true.

Once they're in circulation more, you'll see that they will eventually flatten out again - not completely flat, but it will straighten out.

They need to teach you branch people a little more on currency, so you can stop spreading false rumours :lol: Reminds me of the time the branch started saying fake toonies were in circulation because they made a 'hollow' sound when dropped.

What makes you think it's a branch I discovered this? There are other places where people lay out bills :razz: . I personally hate the smell of maple, so I noticed it right off, and was never told about it previously. Might just be the polymer odour with a large amount in a bundle, but doesn't really matter. I still don't like them.
Nov 6, 2009
406 posts
19 upvotes
Anybody who has any complaint with the new $100 bill, send it to me, I'll take it for free :D
Avoid Scammers

Mauritius Island
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3639 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby
olevia 747i wrote: Anybody who has any complaint with the new $100 bill, send it to me, I'll take it for free :D

+1. They all spend the same :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
jacksorbetta wrote: What makes you think it's a branch I discovered this? There are other places where people lay out bills :razz: . I personally hate the smell of maple, so I noticed it right off, and was never told about it previously. Might just be the polymer odour with a large amount in a bundle, but doesn't really matter. I still don't like them.

cash cage?
Apr 22, 2011
432 posts
39 upvotes
I watched a few co-workers try to rip one was funny to see. I probably won't have any of the new bills until $20 ones come out
Warning: Anything I write is to the best of my knowledge, I may be wrong about things, I may have a different thought on things than yourself and I do not always follow the herd. I am also a RFD personal finance addict.