Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Future Shop - iPad 2 on Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2012 9:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes

[Future Shop] Future Shop - iPad 2 on Sale

Not sure if this is warm? Also please no flaming :P as I am not much of a Hot Deals poster.

Future Shop is having a 3 Day sale where all iPad 2 models are on sale. Example the 16GB WiFi is $489.99. I know its been out for cheaper in the past. Personally I am not a fan, but thought those who are, it might be suitable.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/e710sn.jpg[/IMG]
Blanka
81 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
wait until iPad 3, which is rumored to have quad core (finally, considering Asus brought out theirs months ago), more memory and possibly higher-res.

no firm release date, but likely within the next few months.
Banned
Aug 21, 2011
1286 posts
338 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: wait until iPad 3, which is rumored to have quad core (finally, considering Asus brought out theirs months ago), more memory and possibly higher-res.

no firm release date, but likely within the next few months.

definitely high-res. Apple can't be outdone by their competition. they must do everything better.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
zatnaf wrote: definitely high-res. Apple can't be outdone by their competition. they must do everything better.

you'd think so, but look at iPhone 4S.

don't be surprised if Apple by-pass the high-rez this time, and pull the iPad 2S bs on everyone.

no, i'm not making this up, there were rumours about the retina-display for iPad size screen drains too much battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
with ipad 3 out next month (rumour), not really surprise by the sale
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the post OP.

At this time though, I would wait for the iPad 3. Its rumoured to release sometime in the middle of March.
We Are All Witnesses.

NOT a Heat fan. Only a LeBron fan (since 2002)
Aug 27, 2009
880 posts
225 upvotes
Picked up 2 32gb playbooks today, each for 1/6th the price of an iPad :cheesygri Just wish the screen size was 10" lol

It's amazing that Apple can continue to sell the iPad at such a ridiculous price when many other tablet's have trouble at $200-300. There's even an Asus tablet running Tegra 3 and an 8 megapixel camera coming out for $249 soon.
Aug 27, 2008
663 posts
63 upvotes
When the Samsung 7.7 gets ics, it is all over for the world. :)
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
NeedVIP wrote: Picked up 2 32gb playbooks today, each for 1/6th the price of an iPad :cheesygri Just wish the screen size was 10" lol

It's amazing that Apple can continue to sell the iPad at such a ridiculous price when many other tablet's have trouble at There's even an Asus tablet running Tegra 3 and an 8 megapixel camera coming out for $249 soon.

what???

and when?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Im sure ipad 3 will be at least 5 months away, especially until you can just walk into a store and pick one out.. Wouldnt surprise me if its almost a year until that
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
duckdown wrote: Im sure ipad 3 will be at least 5 months away, especially until you can just walk into a store and pick one out.. Wouldnt surprise me if its almost a year until that

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/02/ipa ... -february/

it can be as early as March. Foxconn already hired tons of people to rev up the productions.

no idea where you got the 1 year away idea, when was the last time Apple tablet waited 2 years for a refresh?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1210 posts
141 upvotes
zatnaf wrote: definitely high-res. Apple can't be outdone by their competition. they must do everything better.

Then they'll be putting in better speakers, cameras and microphones too :)

i guess the ipad2 was released in march as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1210 posts
141 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/02/ipa ... -february/

it can be as early as March. Foxconn already hired tons of people to rev up the productions.

no idea where you got the 1 year away idea, when was the last time Apple tablet waited 2 years for a refresh?

Think for the 1 year he was talking about being able to casually walk into a store and buy one, without it being sold out, or having to beat rabid fans off with a stick :)

I'm thinking they're right with the march release.
Jan 2, 2007
346 posts
133 upvotes
Doug wrote: Think for the 1 year he was talking about being able to casually walk into a store and buy one, without it being sold out, or having to beat rabid fans off with a stick :)

I'm thinking they're right with the march release.
It adds to the fun of trying to score on one at initial release. Not too much trouble after that if you really want one ...

Definitely wait on the ipad2 purchase - if you really want an ipad2, then i'm sure the deals will get better closer to release of ipad3.
Banned
Jan 1, 2012
25 posts
8 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:

Congratulations everyone for supporting this criminal organization, so that you can have greatest and latest. Human life is just garbage to you.
Dec 18, 2010
278 posts
123 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
chaorenkrung wrote: Congratulations everyone for supporting this criminal organization, so that you can have greatest and latest. Human life is just garbage to you.

You're welcome.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes
I would wait for the iPad 3. I just hope thy don't cheapen out on some of the features at the last minute to keep the manufacturing cost down.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)