Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT Torque Wrench Maximum Mastercraft 3/8-64.99, 1/2-69.99$

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2012 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1503 upvotes
QC

[Canadian Tire] CT Torque Wrench Maximum Mastercraft 3/8-64.99, 1/2-69.99$

Beginnign next friday CT will have the MAXIMUM line torque wrench on sale.

I bought 2 weeks ago the Mastercraft version but I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with a case to carry. Most people say that you have to carefully protect those wrench while not using them. I'm hoping that Maximum has one.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6 ... ?locale=en
3/8"-drive torque wrench, with 30 - 250 in-lb torque setting (converts to 2.5 - 20 ft-lb)
Ideal for light automotive applications

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6 ... ?locale=en
1/2"-drive torque wrench, with 20 - 250 ft-lb torque setting
Ideal for heavy automotive applications, including lug nuts for tire changes

Common feature:

Features an ergonomic rubberized handle (Mastercraft version was in plastic)
Lifetime manufacturer's warranty
90-day calibration warranty

For those interested, I asked the guy in the tool departement if a receipt was needed for the warranty. He told me for the tools, it's not needed. Receipt now usually become invisible after a couple years. You might want to keep just in case, but it shouldnt be required.
39 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've had both of these for quite a long time and yes they come with hard cases.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nice to see the Maximum version on sale. I didn't get the regular one a few weeks back after reading some feedback.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1098 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Do these wrenches click? I got one but mine doesn't click even at 20lb. I can keep applying pressure.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1503 upvotes
QC
number8888 wrote: Nice to see the Maximum version on sale. I didn't get the regular one a few weeks back after reading some feedback.
Just to add some information, when I bough the Mastercraft "regular" version, salesperson told me "Oh that's the new version, this one is much better that previous one". Canadian Tire might want to reset their feedback on their website.

You might want to buy it now, and ask for a refund for the difference. It might sell out quickly.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1503 upvotes
QC
mohitk wrote: Do these wrenches click? I got one but mine doesn't click even at 20lb. I can keep applying pressure.
From what I read about those click wrench, the more torque you have, the more sound you can hear. So If you are on low settings, you might want to carefully listen or you'll bust your lug nut/rim.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
mohitk wrote: Do these wrenches click? I got one but mine doesn't click even at 20lb. I can keep applying pressure.

Yes, that's the whole point. You can feel/hear the click, but sure you can keep applying pressure after the click.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
2270 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
jfmartel wrote: From what I read about those click wrench, the more torque you have, the more sound you can hear. So If you are on low settings, you might want to carefully listen or you'll bust your lug nut/rim.

This is true. But at the torque required for most rims (80-110 ft-lb+) you should always hear a click... It's in very light applications where it can be hard to hear

I have the 3/8" regular CT version and there where lots of complaints online from people saying that it didn't click, or the click wasn't audible. But I've never had it not click, you just have to pay attention for it, sometimes you have to feel it... If there area you're working in isn't quiet you may not hear it.

I just used it to torque oil pan and valve cover bolts this past weekend, and in a quiet garage it was quite easy to hear. In contrast, when i didn't have a garage i could barely hear the thing while working in the driveway w/ background noise.
Because you touch yourself at night
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
Awesome, was waiting for one....

The low profile jack is also $50 off.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
Went for a stroll to get this and walked by the torque wrenches. They were on sale already :D YMMV of course, but at least the Markham store has them marked down. About 2 or 3 more 1/2" left, the 3/8" ones were all gone.

[IMG]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3112/tqwr.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
The important thing is to not use these to remove a bolt ( as leverage ) or plug ( or to force in ) as it will screw up the calibration ( calibration is only guaranteed for 90 days ) .
Jul 25, 2006
663 posts
291 upvotes
stephroll wrote: The important thing is to not use these to remove a bolt ( as leverage ) or plug ( or to force in ) as it will screw up the calibration ( calibration is only guaranteed for 90 days ) .

One local store had the mastercraft base model 1/2" for 56$.. Not sure if it's worth the extra money personally.. It was weird that it wasn't the same price at another store, but had a red tag, as opposed to a regular sale tag.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
brule wrote: One local store had the mastercraft base model 1/2" for 56$.. Not sure if it's worth the extra money personally.. It was weird that it wasn't the same price at another store, but had a red tag, as opposed to a regular sale tag.

Red tag is for that store only.
I saw the maximum torque wrench go for $89.99 once and it had a red tag.

I picked up one of these tire gauges for $10 and it had a red tag. Was a pretty nice surprise
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en
Jul 25, 2006
663 posts
291 upvotes
flyz wrote: Awesome, was waiting for one....

The low profile jack is also $50 off.

Can you provide a link? Thx
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
---=== Thread detour ===---

The last time these went on sale I picked up the 3/8" model, thinking it was in ft-lb's of torque. it isn't. It's in inch-lb's... I have since lost the receipt, but still have the original packaging.

Think CT let me swap it in for the 1/2" model, given that this is the lowest price these are ever at? Perhaps pay $5+tax to cover the difference?

How good are CT for exchanges?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)