Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Scott E Vest 40% off Until Friday (2012-02-24) Coupon Code 11SALE40

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2012 11:37 am
Tags:
None
Jun 10, 2004
623 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto

Scott E Vest 40% off Until Friday (2012-02-24) Coupon Code 11SALE40

Scott E Vest make unique clothing for travel and everyday use. Excellent techno jackets for carrying a lot of electronics stuff (multiple custom pockets that carry everything from phones to Ipads).

Here is the link.

Here is a YouTube video of the clothing in action (video), "Packing for a 10 day trip with no bags".

-Callahan-
15 replies
Nov 14, 2006
717 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, been looking at these for awhile. Too bad shipping for me is $25.80.
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
Thanks OP
Always wanted to try it out and perfect for a trip I am planing to go on soon.
Let's see how much shipping is going to be
Is it really so hard to just be humble and nice? Turn the web around and it starts with you
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP. I've been eyeing these for awhile and 40% off makes it sweeter.
Dec 25, 2003
692 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
I am really tempted to get the Travel Coat but I bought the Fleece awhile ago and I paid approx 25 dollars for shipping plus 30 dollars for Custom Taxes ACK.

Kinda ruins the sale ..
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
Argh I was worried about that as they seem to use UPS
looks like in cost estimate they use USPS then at least there is a chance of it sliding through and at least brokerage fee is going to be reasonable if charged
OK shipping is $25.8 for me as well (Ontario) but worth a try :P
Is it really so hard to just be humble and nice? Turn the web around and it starts with you
Aug 11, 2010
108 posts
183 upvotes
Just to let everyone know, if you live in Ontario you get killed with duties. I bought 2 travel jackets around Christmas and I got a $75 duty charge. 40% is a great deal though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
harold_callahan wrote: Scott E Vest make unique clothing for travel and everyday use. Excellent techno jackets for carrying a lot of electronics stuff (multiple custom pockets that carry everything from phones to Ipads).

Here is the link.

Here is a YouTube video of the clothing in action (video), "Packing for a 10 day trip with no bags".

-Callahan-

that jacket is one of the stupidest thing I've seen in a while... how comfortable do you think sitting down in one of those would be with all that stuff in there... notice the guy never once tried to sit down in the vid.
Jun 10, 2004
623 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
mic2074 wrote: that jacket is one of the stupidest thing I've seen in a while... how comfortable do you think sitting down in one of those would be with all that stuff in there... notice the guy never once tried to sit down in the vid.

The Jackets are extremely functional. I have 3 of them. In fact I know of no other way to effectively carry all your electronics. Some of the pockets are even transparent so that you do not even need to remove the device in order to work with it. I travel quite a bit and it is really handy to have your your fight needs (pens, paper, blackberry, iphone, US gsm phone, ipods, head phones, water bottles, books, magazines, aspirins, hand sanitizer, etc) all distributed through out the jacket. Before I needed a knapsack, and it was no where near as convenient to work with.

The clothing is not cheap. But if you were wondering about how functional the jackets are, they are very functional and comfortable (even when loaded down). It is a niche market, primarily focused on the techno crowd.

-Callahan-
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
OMG, you gotta click on that "runway" video... so funny. Fashionable? Not at all... I really wonder if you put in iPad, iPhone and a bunch of stuff, it would look weird and weighted down.
Jun 10, 2004
623 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
golden wrote: OMG, you gotta click on that "runway" video... so funny. Fashionable? Not at all... I really wonder if you put in iPad, iPhone and a bunch of stuff, it would look weird and weighted down.
Check it out here.

-Callahan-
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
harold_callahan wrote: The Jackets are extremely functional. I have 3 of them. In fact I know of no other way to effectively carry all your electronics. Some of the pockets are even transparent so that you do not even need to remove the device in order to work with it. I travel quite a bit and it is really handy to have your your fight needs (pens, paper, blackberry, iphone, US gsm phone, ipods, head phones, water bottles, books, magazines, aspirins, hand sanitizer, etc) all distributed through out the jacket. Before I needed a knapsack, and it was no where near as convenient to work with.

The clothing is not cheap. But if you were wondering about how functional the jackets are, they are very functional and comfortable (even when loaded down). It is a niche market, primarily focused on the techno crowd.

-Callahan-

Thanks for your review and what I was looking for. Just making assumptions and forming conspiracy theories without owning one did seem a little harsh

BTW I assume during security checks you just lay your whole jacket into the scanner ... It be funnier if you pull all your gadgets out instead like a magician out of his hat though LOL. I will never fill up the whole jacket like that as I will still carry my bags but having the pocket options just carry a lil more than usual seems like a good option to have
Jun 10, 2004
623 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
Geil wrote: BTW I assume during security checks you just lay your whole jacket into the scanner ... It be funnier if you pull all your gadgets out instead like a magician out of his hat though LOL. I will never fill up the whole jacket like that as I will still carry my bags but having the pocket options just carry a lil more than usual seems like a good option to have

In this video the only thing he pulls out of his pocket is his Mac Air. An actual video of clearing airport security is here. I just lay the jacket down.

btw: Don't forget to remove your water bottles!!

-Callahan-
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2866 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
Number of pockets aside, how do these (feel, durability, overall quality) compare to Tilley?
Banned
Aug 9, 2005
1478 posts
229 upvotes
Ordered on 22 Feb and received today via USPS and no brokerage nor duty/custom charges.. thats pretty much now 9 out of 10 times I got through with USPS. I actually made a note to them to declare only actual paid value (had some other online retailers insist it would be fraud to declare discounted actual value and not MSRP WTH ended up paying custom on MSRP that time) and they called me the same day to confirm instructions assuring me that it is exactly how they do it.
As for the jacket itself seems to be as advertised but don't wanna parade around with it in the office. I was a bit more daring it seem as I did not choose the black color and the color of cause is not 100% as on the monitor which is understandable.... a bit more olivy than I wanted but maybe it will work. If not just another lesson to stick the more slimming dark colors :P I will parade around at home and load it up to see how it stacks up under "normal"
Thanks again OP