Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$10 tickets Toronto Symphony Orchestra - New Creations Festival

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2012 4:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39756 upvotes
Toronto

$10 tickets Toronto Symphony Orchestra - New Creations Festival

use code 'New' here

multiple shows/dates available

This year’s festival is curated by Hungarian conductor and composer Peter Eötvös and juxtaposes the cutting edge brilliance of European and New World contemporary compositions. Join us before and after the concerts for amazing performances by Hilario Durán, Jane Bunnett, The New Orford String Quartet, Brownman Ali, and more!

FAQs here (dress code, clapping, etc)
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
35 replies
Nov 19, 2008
38 posts
10 upvotes
Just ordered 3, thanks for sharing.............

They have $5.5 order fee per ticket, so the price will be $15.5 each. Still good enough. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1095 posts
44 upvotes
GTA
Never been to any of these but for this price I'm willing to check it out. Any recommendations on which one I should go to? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
OP, thanks for posting this deal. For the people that are interested - fyi these "new creations" shows tend to be very experimental, as the "new" word suggests. I have been to a few, and even for $10 at the mezzanine level I found them to be quite disappointing. Perhaps a little too avant-garde for me :)
Jul 6, 2011
55 posts
111 upvotes
North York
Compared to the normal price of $301, $31 is definitely worth the experience....hopefully it'll be a good one!
Oct 20, 2007
76 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!!!

For this price is worth it just to visit Roy Thompson Hall. I bought 2 for This isn't silence and 2 for Con Brio both great seats :)
Feb 6, 2008
998 posts
33 upvotes
Thank you! Bought 2 tickets for Con Brio. This will be my first experience going to this kind of occasion.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
For those people ages 15-35, you may want to check out TSO's Soundchek - http://www.tso.ca/tsoundcheck/default.aspx - there are regularly tickets for a variety of performances for $14 or you can buy subscription packs at discounted prices. Yes, they do ask for ID, however, your guest need not be within the age limit.
Dec 5, 2006
95 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote: For those people ages 15-35, you may want to check out TSO's Soundchek - http://www.tso.ca/tsoundcheck/default.aspx - there are regularly tickets for a variety of performances for $14 or you can buy subscription packs at discounted prices. Yes, they do ask for ID, however, your guest need not be within the age limit.

TSoundcheck is great way to experience the TSO for much lower cost if you're under 35 (used to be under 29 in my day). I highly recommend attending at least once as an adult. We paid full price for tickets this past weekend and loved it.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
2017 posts
717 upvotes
remember they had $6 per ticket sale a couple of years ago, I got 20 tickets...
after that they call me every year informing me the ticket info and their programs...
actually it was very nice talking to their reps, their sales skills are top notch, they don't push you to buy tickets, they find out your interests, then promote related programs, very professional
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
kitkatneko wrote: any recommendation for what kind of seating to choose for a first TSO experience??

Arguably the best sound is experienced with the cheapest tickets - balcony. And the view is pretty good as well. If you want to see what an "expensive ticket" seat feels like, go for the mezzanine.
Dec 13, 2006
224 posts
12 upvotes
NORTH YORK
nsd wrote: Arguably the best sound is experienced with the cheapest tickets - balcony. And the view is pretty good as well. If you want to see what an "expensive ticket" seat feels like, go for the mezzanine.

thanks. i just went with "best available" . will check out the balcony next time
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1315 posts
684 upvotes
Girlfriend's parents will be visiting from out of town soon. This will be a great option for entertainment one night. Thanks OP!
Aug 19, 2009
484 posts
361 upvotes
con brio - march 3rd
should be good, but will be making a night out of it regardless
thanks o.p.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)