• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2012 9:36 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 11, 2011
56 posts
SCARBOROUGH

anyone used la mer concentrate?

ive been using the trial for a month now im using the bottle one. its my first time using it, so im not sure how much i should use. I use very little cos its oily but the bottle has a very large stick instead of a pump >.<

so did any one use this before and can anyone tell me the optimum amount per use? im using it for acne scars on my face

and one more thing

some says its better to use moisturizer over that to "lock" it otherwise it will be dried out soon. i tried la mer moisturizer gel, but i dont like it cos i still feel very dry, so im stick with biotherm aquasource. Is it ok?

thx!
4 replies
Nov 7, 2011
773 posts
34 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I vote for Biotherm, La Mer is overpriced..the ingredients in it can be found in drugstore brands too.
I had the La Mer cream, it's comparable to Philosophy's Hope in a Jar.

Biotherm is really good, love their scent and moisturizing effect without the oil lol =)

Btw, this should be moved to Beauty and Wellness =P
CUTE PICS <3
http://tinyurl.com/cppxpvx & http://tinyurl.com/c4jbapt
WTB: BNIB BB Bold 9900 | Holt Renfrew GC
Jul 11, 2011
56 posts
SCARBOROUGH
chibsta08 wrote: I vote for Biotherm, La Mer is overpriced..the ingredients in it can be found in drugstore brands too.
I had the La Mer cream, it's comparable to Philosophy's Hope in a Jar.

Biotherm is really good, love their scent and moisturizing effect without the oil lol =)

Btw, this should be moved to Beauty and Wellness =P

how bout the concentrate, i heard thats very good for acne scars
Aug 1, 2005
792 posts
67 upvotes
Enonieyexz wrote: how bout the concentrate, i heard thats very good for acne scars

What kind of acne scars?
These kinds probably won't respond to any cosmetic routine. Your best option would be to consult a doctor and consider peels, laser resurfacing, skin grafts (in some cases) and/or cosmetic fillers (like Restylane). The La Mer serum you are using might assist in healing the skin after those treatments (which is what La Mer was invented for - it was to heal burns, but never to treat any other skin conditions), but is unlikely to do much for you on its own -because your skin isn't currently injured. A scar is damage that already occurred - no product can fix damage that has already healed (the scar is the way skin heals).

You can see some user reviews of that product here:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/show ... Treatments and the reviews are very mixed.

If your scars are the red marks old pimples leave behind (not the ones pictured above), then using a chemical exfoliant (salicylic acid, glycolic acid, mandelic acid) and/or retinoids (Retinol creams, Retin-A, etc) will probably suffice. Laser resurfacing/microdermabrasion or even dermarolling can also help - it depends on what your skin can handle. Again, the La Mer serum can assist in healing your skin after those options too - but it would be the peels actually removing the scar, not the serum.

To answer your original question: you should use enough to cover the affected area - about the size of a dime. Another cream on top (if you feel you need it) is fine, but is unlikely to "lock" anything in.
Jul 11, 2011
56 posts
SCARBOROUGH
HoleyMoley wrote: What kind of acne scars?
These kinds probably won't respond to any cosmetic routine. Your best option would be to consult a doctor and consider peels, laser resurfacing, skin grafts (in some cases) and/or cosmetic fillers (like Restylane). The La Mer serum you are using might assist in healing the skin after those treatments (which is what La Mer was invented for - it was to heal burns, but never to treat any other skin conditions), but is unlikely to do much for you on its own -because your skin isn't currently injured. A scar is damage that already occurred - no product can fix damage that has already healed (the scar is the way skin heals).

You can see some user reviews of that product here:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/show ... Treatments and the reviews are very mixed.

If your scars are the red marks old pimples leave behind (not the ones pictured above), then using a chemical exfoliant (salicylic acid, glycolic acid, mandelic acid) and/or retinoids (Retinol creams, Retin-A, etc) will probably suffice. Laser resurfacing/microdermabrasion or even dermarolling can also help - it depends on what your skin can handle. Again, the La Mer serum can assist in healing your skin after those options too - but it would be the peels actually removing the scar, not the serum.

To answer your original question: you should use enough to cover the affected area - about the size of a dime. Another cream on top (if you feel you need it) is fine, but is unlikely to "lock" anything in.

thank you for your answer. my derm has prescribed me with stieva-A cream for acne marks and scars, but i think its good for marks but not for scars.

for the concentrate, ive been using it for 3 weeks and didnt experience any peels

thx anyways