Fashion & Beauty

G-Shock experts, improve contrast/brightness?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2012 10:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario

G-Shock experts, improve contrast/brightness?

Among online retailers, I see conflicting pics, some with possibly enhanced bright numbers, some where the display looks dim. I also can't tell in YouTube vids.

Can the contrast be adjusted or the brightness of the numbers turned up on a GDF100-BB?
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Nope.

The negative display is sharper than most other older G-Shocks though.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Nope.

The negative display is sharper than most other older G-Shocks though.
Thanks for replying.
The numbers look kind of dark at some angles in YT vids compared to a regular display.

I like how I can look at my old G and immediately tell the time/date most of the day, it's got a nice bright light too.

Would I be able to do that with the GDF100-BB, or would some daytime lighting conditions be challenging?
And does the same apply to pretty much all current neg display G's?
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
The GDF100-BB negative display is actually very sharp compared to older negative display Military G-Shocks like the 5600 and the 6900 whose displays have an almost muddy brownish-red hue.

It also has the new white LED backlight that allows for superb visibility at night. Lights up very evenly. Much better than the old EL lighting IMO. I can tell time just by quickly glancing at it during the day.

It's really a watch that has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. You can check it out in person at a local Watch It! store before pulling the trigger. http://watchit.ca/storelocations.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)