• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2012 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2012
877 posts
31 upvotes

Canada Goose - Discount?

Does Canada Goose parka ever go on discount? Sorry, first time buyer here.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
Canada Goose almost never goes on sale in Canada (except maybe discontinued pending models) which is a shame because it regularly goes on sale in the States despite being proudly "Canadian" and Made in Canada.

Actually, the retail price went up 10% this year I think.
Aug 20, 2012
877 posts
31 upvotes
Rainne wrote: Canada Goose almost never goes on sale in Canada (except maybe discontinued pending models) which is a shame because it regularly goes on sale in the States despite being proudly "Canadian" and Made in Canada.

Actually, the retail price went up 10% this year I think.
Wow, thats really a shame then :(
How much cheaper are they usually in the States?
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
bloomingdales had a crazy 20% off sale a few weeks ago. Someone posted a thread in the hot deals forum.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
I'm being frivolous, but what is "Canadian Goose"? ;)

Towards the end of the 2011-2012 season, rumours swirled around on the web about how Canada Goose was going to increase their retail prices 18%. I haven't done the calculations comparing 2011-2012 prices to the current 2012-2013 prices, nor do I have the time to do so, nor do I really care since I don't purchase the company's products at retail, but there has definitely been a hefty increase. For example, the Chilliwack went from $545 to $595. That's about 8.4% by my calculations (not counting taxes).

30% off retail is the highest RFD has seen so far: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canada-g ... g-1125545/

All of this is pointless when you consider there are far greater deals on the secondhand market. I've realized many RFDers have moved in that direction but also acknowledge the fact that there is a subset of consumers who would prefer a brand new item and be willing to pay the price for it.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
The only way you'll get a discount without it being on sale is if you have a membership card at Le Baron in Markham. Gets you 10% your entire purchase. All the other stores charge full retail, with no membership benefits.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
netbounty wrote: Does Canada Goose parka ever go on discount? Sorry, first time buyer here.
first time buyer, I wouldn't even recommend buying on Kijiji, simply because you might get fake.

In fact, don't even google it, you will get fake website 90% of the times. This isn't your typical fake Gucci bags, you will literally wear a dead chicken in your jacket. ;)
Oct 31, 2006
125 posts
30 upvotes
Beyond the rack sometimes has them for sale, but select models and colours. They had a sale on Nobis 2-3 weeks ago

PM me for a referral invite link, or go straight to the site, but we'd both get credits if I referred you :)
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: The only way you'll get a discount without it being on sale is if you have a membership card at Le Baron in Markham. Gets you 10% your entire purchase. All the other stores charge full retail, with no membership benefits.
Le Baron allowed the discount to be applied to CG coats in the past, but they stopped a couple years ago. Read the fine print, deal excludes CG. I'm selling a brand new Chateau if you are interested, authentic :)
Dec 11, 2011
650 posts
64 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I'm being frivolous, but what is "Canadian Goose"? ;)

Towards the end of the 2011-2012 season, rumours swirled around on the web about how Canada Goose was going to increase their retail prices 18%. I haven't done the calculations comparing 2011-2012 prices to the current 2012-2013 prices, nor do I have the time to do so, nor do I really care since I don't purchase the company's products at retail, but there has definitely been a hefty increase. For example, the Chilliwack went from $545 to $595. That's about 8.4% by my calculations (not counting taxes).

30% off retail is the highest RFD has seen so far: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canada-g ... g-1125545/

All of this is pointless when you consider there are far greater deals on the secondhand market. I've realized many RFDers have moved in that direction but also acknowledge the fact that there is a subset of consumers who would prefer a brand new item and be willing to pay the price for it.
like ur cmfr?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Different company, whose products I cannot find on the secondhand market, and thus I essentially had no choice but to pay retail for the CMFR, albeit with a 15% discount, which helped a little bit in arriving at the final decision to buy it. Having never spent more than $381 on a winter jacket (Canada Goose Manitoba) prior to that, you can understand how hesitant I was to spend $700+ for the CMFR.

Every time I search CMFR on eBay and Kijiji, I am shown results relating to industrial parts. :lol:
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
a co-worker of mine got her CMFR for $400 last year (no tax). Her bf went to school with the owner, hence the incredible deal. Up close, its a nice coat....quality is at the very least same if not better than CG.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
I didn't mean to steer the discussion towards CMFR (I blame feidailo for that ;) ) but that's a good price. I vaguely remember prices being that low during the company's first year in business (2010-2011?), probably to test the market and gain awareness, but only the bomber was available.

That was before the 2011-2012 season when they actually gave a name for their bomber (Oxton for men, and Roxborough for women) and released a men's and women's parka (Gormley and Avenue, respectively) which I did end up buying, and paid a hefty price for the Gormley.

I just checked the CMFR website and it looks like, for 2012-2013, they have now added a men's vest, men's and women's Impact line, and a women's Exclusive line (previously there was only the men's all-black bomber). I still think their photographs make their products look unflattering. Their new Campaign webpage more accurately reflects what they look like in real life.
Jun 7, 2007
87 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
make friends with someone that works there. :razz: They usually get jackets at around cost, last yr I paid ~$250 for my chateau and the year before that was ~$260 for the montabello
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
once you fan boys stop buying this jacket like it's the coolest thing to have, the prices will go down. right now, there is no reason to put it on sale.
Oct 13, 2010
106 posts
10 upvotes
i thought these jackets would be a fad... why are they still so ridiculously expensive... come winter, we'll be seeing GOOSE EVERYWHERE...!!! and i thought the first winter it became popular it was ridiculous.
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
misssixtybb wrote: i thought these jackets would be a fad... why are they still so ridiculously expensive... come winter, we'll be seeing GOOSE EVERYWHERE...!!! and i thought the first winter it became popular it was ridiculous.
Thats the thing. There is a misbelief that CG or other high priced luxury clothing are simply fads. Its not even a trend now, which are normally 2-3 years. This thing is permanent and some people don't like it at all. I for one think Canadians should be proud of these brands as they put Canada on the fashion map. It's interesting that I still bump into people who talk about it as a fad. Fads last 1 year and its been what 6 years and running now.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1373 posts
664 upvotes
North York
netbounty wrote: Does Canada Goose parka ever go on discount? Sorry, first time buyer here.
I posted the 20% off deal at bloomingdales and it is still going on right now. HOWEVER...the discount only works on ladies parkas.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/blooming ... 1151290/7/

I am selling a Montebello brand new black XS from this seaon bought from bloomingdales in the BST forum.
I was able to get 30% off Canada Goose MEN parkas 3 weeks ago from bloomigndales because they marked it down by accident. They corrected the mistake within 40h. I did post it and some ppl here did take advantage of it.
I got the Cidatel from bloomingdales for my brother for about 50% off of the price last year (it was BLACK and Small size). If you wait, there will be deals in the end of the season.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
laip wrote: Le Baron allowed the discount to be applied to CG coats in the past, but they stopped a couple years ago. Read the fine print, deal excludes CG. I'm selling a brand new Chateau if you are interested, authentic :)
...I bought mine last year with discount applied. No where does it say its excluded. If you want to see the receipt ill even show that.

Edit: Sup
[IMG]http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy15 ... 93A871.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
misssixtybb wrote: i thought these jackets would be a fad... why are they still so ridiculously expensive... come winter, we'll be seeing GOOSE EVERYWHERE...!!! and i thought the first winter it became popular it was ridiculous.
as ridiculous as those uggs?? and guess what, they are STILL here and more popular than ever.

price wise, 600 dollars winter jacket is not exactly "ridiculously expensive", when you compare that for other overpriced items out there. 2K for a bag, 200 dollars for a pair of jeans, 250 for uggs.

Be proud it's one of the last Canadian made, Canadian owned company.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)