• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2012 8:10 am
Tags:
None
Oct 6, 2012
9 posts
NORTH YORK

Toronto; Where for winter jackets?

Living in Toronto, the cold hasn't been that bad to own a CG jacket however I did lose some great amount of weight. I want to avoid purchasing a CG or anything expensive so where does a slim male go to buy a decent jacket for the winter?
Preferably something in that style would be great.

My previous jacket was from rw&co however I do not like their outerwear as of recent.

Thanks!

inb4 get fat for the winter.
19 replies
Jan 9, 2009
382 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Steez Nuts wrote: UNIQLO: http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/list/basic/men/outerwear/down, http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/list/basic/me ... esandCoats. You will have to get someone to proxy it for you (there's someone that does it for free currently) but it's probably the best option while being cheap.
Would you mind expanding on what you mean by having someone proxy it? And who is providing this free service?

Thanks
Jun 6, 2007
546 posts
29 upvotes
Proxy means you pay someone or a company to send it to you as they act as a 3rd party since uniqlo does not ship to canada. Uniqlo will start shipping to the states soon if u have a US PO box... other than that I would just go to sports chek and get something of good quality
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
If you want something practical that's not crazy expensive then maybe you can look at north face... just make sure you size down as some of their stuff fits kinda big if you want a slimmer fit
Jan 9, 2009
382 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Yea I've been looking @ North face clothing, but I can't seem to find any on sale.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
sunny87 wrote: Yea I've been looking @ North face clothing, but I can't seem to find any on sale.
Sportchek carries their stuff but I think you just missed out on the F&F sale... just keep an eye out for deals but they go on sale usually
Oct 8, 2012
17 posts
TORONTO
Gap has decent stuff on sale to, the bay carries ok stuff now, club monoco, barbor I dunno
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Parajumpers Gobi from JCY in Pacific Mall.
hated on but respected.
May 30, 2007
398 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a Northface Stone Sentinal for $330 last year...550 down fill. Does the trick. Bought at SVP outside of Vaughan Mills
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
Look at Mark's Work Wearhouse....or Mark's as they are now called...

They have sales on their Wind River line from time to time....makes it really cheap to get a nice winter jacket that keeps you warm...forget all the CG, Parajumper crap....overpriced stuff....
Oct 6, 2012
9 posts
NORTH YORK
Thanks for the responses!
Mark's small are still too big. I actually do need a slim as I've lost quite abit of weight.
I've found most of NF jackets abit too big as well.
I'm looking for retail stores in the GTA. I'll be trying all the shops in yorkdale mall and eatons but are there any others that isn't part of a mall?

If not, I'll resort to buying a CG.. I think I'd be a small for CG.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
ErrorFindingID wrote: If not, I'll resort to buying a CG.. I think I'd be a small for CG.
Just a word of caution that their fit varies across their staggering product line. Some fit slim, some fit regular, and the rest (mostly the really "industrial" jackets) fit loose (which are meant for layering and bundling up underneath before going to work outside in the arctic). Try on a bunch in stores to get an idea.

Fit is important. Growing up, I had a winter jacket that was several sizes too large for me so it was basically loose and open to the elements from the bottom, yet I still wore it for many years because I didn't know better. I don't know why I suffered needlessly. I was an idiot.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Just a word of caution that their fit varies across their staggering product line. Some fit slim, some fit regular, and the rest (mostly the really "industrial" jackets) fit loose (which are meant for layering and bundling up underneath before going to work outside in the arctic). Try on a bunch in stores to get an idea.

Fit is important. Growing up, I had a winter jacket that was several sizes too large for me so it was basically loose and open to the elements from the bottom, yet I still wore it for many years because I didn't know better. I don't know why I suffered needlessly. I was an idiot.
Lol, similar experience for me as well. One winter I got frost-bite soo bad, my ears literally pilled for weeks. At the time, I didn't know better and just thought it was a part of life.

Had I had something like CG jacket at the time, I wouldn't have to suffer through that.... in fact, come to think of it, I'm a little pissed at my parents. :P

What I'm trying to say is... Cold and living in Canada is just a part of life, but you don't have to be cold just because it is outside. :)
Oct 6, 2012
9 posts
NORTH YORK
So, update.
I found out I'm a XS for a goose jacket, chilliwack, if it matters. I tried NF's bomber's small, their smallest size, and it was still big. Looked really poofy with long sleeves but hem was good.
I get hot quite easily so a cg will murder me when I'm indoors. Where can I go for my size and isn't as hot/pricy?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
ErrorFindingID wrote: So, update.
I found out I'm a XS for a goose jacket, chilliwack, if it matters. I tried NF's bomber's small, their smallest size, and it was still big. Looked really poofy with long sleeves but hem was good.
I get hot quite easily so a cg will murder me when I'm indoors. Where can I go for my size and isn't as hot/pricy?
TNF Is probably the cheapest.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
This post isn't goose related but I'll post anyways.

Danier is having a sale starting today - 25% off of lowest ticketed price of everything in the store. They had a Pre-sale yesterday for their mailing list members and I picked up a $570 leather jacket with winter thinsulate lining for $250. This will help ease the loss of my sweet sweet snow mantra that was callously snatched from my loving arms this week.
Oct 25, 2012
204 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Eddie BAUER? They make great coats for good prices.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)