Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Postfoods.ca

Free CHL hockey cards with Post cereal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2013 6:57 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes

[Postfoods.ca] Free CHL hockey cards with Post cereal

More offers from Postfoods.ca
Yes I know that free stuff comes with cereal all the time but this is the first time hockey cards have been included in a food product for a long long time since McDonald's stopped selling them (Dempster's bread did do a little promo of mini-sized ones). The history of hockey cards actually began when food companies started issuing them.

Anyways, Post cereal starting now is including a 24 card set in their cereal for CHL goalies (junior leagues like OHL/WHL/QMJHL). They also have some 12 different goalie face panels they're including (whatever the heck that is).

http://www.chl.ca/article/post-foods-an ... hl-team-up
[IMG]http://www.postfoods.ca/img/carousel/CH ... ds_btn.jpg[/IMG]

Their flavours (the healthy-ish ones) are cranberry alond crunch which is decent, Great Grains, Shredded Wheat (yuck), 100% Bran, and more sugary ones like Alpha-bits, Honeycomb, Sugar Crisp, and Shreddies.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2447 posts
1615 upvotes
Ontario's West coast
What NO NHL cards! ;) :lol:

It is about time some company take notice that there is other Leagues out there than just the NHL. Most NHL players come from here!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Actually there's a company called ITG (In The Game) which makes lots of junior cards. They even make cards of current NHLers when they used to play junior and cards for vintage players, they do both high and low end sets. If you go to a junior team's fan shop then they MIGHT have a card set of their players.
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
792 upvotes
Woodbridge
Some of these cards will be worth $$$ in 20 yrs for sure.. All rookies.
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Oct 15, 2012
141 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
cronichead wrote: Some of these cards will be worth $$$ in 20 yrs for sure.. All rookies.
Generally rookie cards are only valuable if they're NHL rookies. Only exception (other than pre-NHL antique cards like Newsy Lalonde or Cyclone Taylor) might be Gretzky's WHA card with Indianapolis.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
^ That's true though some of the ITG cards have decent value if they're limited.

The majority of these cards should not be worth much but if you collect it all and sell it as a set a few decades down the line then who knows. Or if there's a specific card in there which is rarer than the rest.

However I just wanna collect some of these cos I like hockey cards, I don't really care if their value goes up or down. I did see them in-store yesterday btw though only for Alphabits and not the healthier ones as of yet.

The company is also having a contest to win a trip to the Memorial Cup but I think it's Facebook only :(
https://www.facebook.com/Shreddies/app_377123172361160
Nov 3, 2013
3 posts
Nettles wrote: ^ That's true though some of the ITG cards have decent value if they're limited.

The majority of these cards should not be worth much but if you collect it all and sell it as a set a few decades down the line then who knows. Or if there's a specific card in there which is rarer than the rest.

However I just wanna collect some of these cos I like hockey cards, I don't really care if their value goes up or down. I did see them in-store yesterday btw though only for Alphabits and not the healthier ones as of yet.

The company is also having a contest to win a trip to the Memorial Cup but I think it's Facebook only :(
https://www.facebook.com/Shreddies/app_377123172361160
contest option is on POST's site ...you have the choice of entering there..
LOVE CEREAL Promo's like this ...

WANTED VINTAGE CEREAL TOYs.. :D