Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

HarperCollins - Advance Copy of "The Intercept" by D!ck Wolf (Facebook, 18/Dec/2012)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2012 11:42 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Amazon.com] HarperCollins - Advance Copy of "The Intercept" by D!ck Wolf (Facebook, 18/Dec/2012)

It's both a Freebie and a Contest - but I've posted it in Freebies because you (technically) need to read the book first.

Register here to receive an advance copy of "The Intercept", the first novel from D!ck (sorry, but RFD's autofilter censors the name :facepalm :) Wolf, the creator of Law & Order:

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyFiskThri ... 3376782265

Afterwards, to complete your entry into their Sweepstakes (Grand Prize: the winner will receive an iPad2 with Wi-Fi 16GB and have his/her name featured as a character in D!ck Wolf’s second "Jeremy Fisk" novel, expected in December 2013) just post about the novel THREE TIMES on Facebook and/or Twitter and email the post links to morrowmarketing@harpercollins.com by 18 December 2012.

Link to contest rules: http://files.harpercollins.com/Mktg/Wil ... rules2.pdf

[IMG]https://pangeamedia-eeprod.s3.amazonaws ... tab_r6.gif[/IMG]

Enjoy, (and if you enter the contest, Good Luck!).

E.&.O.E.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
10 replies
May 21, 2011
60 posts
33 upvotes
Sorry if I missed it, but are Canadians able to get this?
It asks for state on the form.

Thanks!
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PeriwinkleTwinkle wrote: Sorry if I missed it, but are Canadians able to get this?
It asks for state on the form.

Thanks!
I'm making the assumption that it is, because:
  1. the Contest rules explicitly state that: "the Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada".
  2. the official release date for the novel is December 26, 2012
  3. therefore the only way for Canadians to enter the contest is for them to receive an advance copy of the novel.
Make sense?

I put "ON, Canada" in the state field, and my postal code where it says Zip, and I had no problems.

But the way I figure - there's no harm in trying, all it "costs" me is 30 seconds and some electrons to submit my request ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
What if you don't have Facebook? :(
Oct 1, 2012
43 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks, this is a cool freebie
Aug 17, 2008
170 posts
20 upvotes
can someone clarify this?
So if you sign up, you get a copy of the book for free? THEN you have a chance to enter the contests after you read/answer the questions?
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alexenoxu wrote: can someone clarify this?
So if you sign up, you get a copy of the book for free? THEN you have a chance to enter the contests after you read/answer the questions?
That's my understanding.

1. First: you pre-register for the contest AND submit your request for an advance copy at the same time - by filling out the Facebook entry form.

2. Second: THEN you complete your contest entry by Posting/Tweeting and then emailing the links to the email address listed above.

If you don't complete step #2 then you're not entered into the contest, even if you completed step #1.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hvc wrote: What if you don't have Facebook? :(
Sorry, you're probably SOL.

Although I suppose you could try emailing the address above (morrowmarketing@harpercollins.com) and ask nicely and promise to promote the book via Twitter. Perhaps they'll be nice :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)