Computers & Electronics

Tired of paying Shaw for TV, any better alternatives?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2013 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 18, 2009
32 posts
3 upvotes

Tired of paying Shaw for TV, any better alternatives?

Hi guys,

We've been using Shaw HD TV for a while now, and I gotta say, it's not that great. I keep hearing about people getting "satellite boxes?" or whatever and connect with their computer.

Does anyone know where I can go to find more information about this?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for better alteratives? I love the idea of using my computer to connect to the TV to watch stuff.

Thanks!
5 replies
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
We dropped Shaw TV a few months ago and I can't say I miss it at all. We signed up for unblock-us so we can view both Canadian and US shows and we have Netflix. We have a laptop connected to our main tv and a Boxee Box and an Xbox connected to our other tv's. We've found the only thing we don't have is live sports...but with the savings from our cable bill we now go to our local hockey games instead of watching them on tv :)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1290 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you know where to look you can find alot of sports streams, quality may be hit/miss.

I used unblock set to the Uk to catch some live sports from BBC. Also CBC does HD livestreams of their HNIC games.
Nov 11, 2012
140 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
OTA and Netflix is a great combination!
Jul 22, 2012
85 posts
7 upvotes
BURNABY
Whenever I'm with Shaw, Telus gives me the best deals and whenever I'm with Telus, Shaw gives me the best deals. The other day a guy from Shaw actually came to my door in person! This is how I've kept the bill to a lower amount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)