• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2013 6:55 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes

Thomson dcm 476 cod issues?

Guys I have a question using the dcm 476 modem for cable 28/1. I can't seem to get into matches in cod anymore black ops 2. I researched it and found out it could be a router problem that. Have to use port forwarding on it. Anywho. I tried everything it didn't work. So I tried running cod straight from the modem to ps3 dismissing the router and it still gives me the same problem. Is this a modem problem? Is the nat too strict on the modem any way to change that? Btw my router is the asus n56u
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4547 posts
1045 upvotes
London
sony17 wrote: Guys I have a question using the dcm 476 modem for cable 28/1. I can't seem to get into matches in cod anymore black ops 2. I researched it and found out it could be a router problem that. Have to use port forwarding on it. Anywho. I tried everything it didn't work. So I tried running cod straight from the modem to ps3 dismissing the router and it still gives me the same problem. Is this a modem problem? Is the nat too strict on the modem any way to change that? Btw my router is the asus n56u
Lol. I see you posted here as well as on DSLR...
The DCM476 is a modem, with no routing capabilities so it wouldn't have any NAT. So you should be able to rule that out. Your router would be the one with the SPI Firewall and NAT. Any port forwarding would have to be done there.

If it still doesn't work with your PS3 connected straight to the modem, then the problem is likely something else.
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
I understand how the router can be be problem the thing is it does the same thing even when I straight connect it modem to ps3. That should be a problem with the Thomson dcm 476 right.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4547 posts
1045 upvotes
London
sony17 wrote: I understand how the router can be be problem the thing is it does the same thing even when I straight connect it modem to ps3. That should be a problem with the Thomson dcm 476 right.
Are you sure it isn't a problem with your PS3? The modem doesn't have any routing functions and wouldn't be able to block any ports or anything.
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
What could the problem on the ps3 be I have two Internet connections in the house when I use there'll connection wirelessly it doesn't give the problem. That why I think it might be the modem or something. Could it be a Dns issue would I use google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Don't use Google's DNS.

And play a real game with dedicated servers. This sounds like some issue that's inherent to P2P server structures.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!