Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter, FREE keys for Beta-Weekend(IGN)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2013 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1095 posts
623 upvotes

Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter, FREE keys for Beta-Weekend(IGN)

Didn't see this posted anywhere, there's an open beta on the weekend and IGN is giving away keys.
All you need is an IGN account (non-prime) and you get the key. It begins March 22nd.

Don't know anything about the game, just thought some may enjoy it.
Link:

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwin ... wposts&utm

Game info from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_(video_game)
6 replies
Nov 2, 2010
358 posts
73 upvotes
Are beta versions the pre-release? I love D&D but only care about the full version of games.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
cuddlydragon wrote: Any non jerk answers will be appreciated.
Oh, I'm sorry. Ask a lazy question, get a jerk answer. :rolleyes:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=beta+software

Beta software by definition is an unfinished, pre-release product. The purpose of beta testing is to identify as yet undiscovered bugs etc. so they can fix as many as they can before they go to an RTM (ready to manufacture) final release product.

Additionally, if you'd also bothered to do a quick search on Neverwinter Beta Weekend 3 you'd have discovered wonderful tidbits like:
Starting at 12:00 p.m. (PDT) on Friday, March 22, players with early access to Neverwinter's Beta Weekend 3 can experience a wealth of new content, including the first opportunity to check out Neverwinter's PvP system and the chance to explore the Pirates' Skyhold and Icespire Peak Adventure Zones. In addition, players may take control of the new Great Weapon Fighter class. An increased level cap of 50, alongside many other significant improvements based directly on feedback from previous Beta Weekends, promises to make Neverwinter's Beta Weekend 3 the best yet.
So, you get early access to play the game if you can't wait for it to release publicly. This weekend you get to try out new features and locations from the previous 2 beta weekends. However, it is still Beta, so expect that there will be bugs, crashes, random oddness and odd randomness. (Hint: this will still be the case once the game is released. This is why patches are released.)

Some friendly advice: Neverwinter is an MMORPG. It will be filled with jerks of a far trollier and crueler variety than what you will encounter on RFD, and who will immediately pick up on any blatant n00bism and torment you incessantly for no other reason but their enjoyment. I would stick with either old-school tabletop D&D or standalone installations (try something like Skyrim, Torchlight, Legend of Grimrock, or for actual D&D the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate was recently released!).

If you do wish to try out the final product, then my advice is to take the time to try and figure out answers to the basic questions yourself. That way when you do get stuck and need to ask for assistance, you won't come across the fool by asking something like "Is a beta version pre-release?"

kthxbye
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1156 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I liked Neverwinter Nights ages ago, I wonder how this compares.