Computers & Electronics

has rogers cancelled ECFs?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2013 9:23 pm
Apr 7, 2013
2 posts

has rogers cancelled ECFs?

I just renewed the subscription rate for my Rogers cable / internet / phone package over the phone. The confirmation notice stated that it was for 2 years (I didn't agree to this) and that I would be charged a cancellation fee if I cancelled. But when I called to complain / back-out I was assured by the retention dept. that this was a promotional offer not a service agreement, I could cancel at any time, and that as of Feb. 12, 2013 Rogers has stopped applying ECFs to new subscription plans. Is this true? I heard the same story from 2 reps (I called the next day just in case there was a misunderstanding) but I've also read all of the horror stories online.
4 replies
Dec 16, 2009
656 posts
811 upvotes
CG3014 wrote: I just renewed the subscription rate for my Rogers cable / internet / phone package over the phone. The confirmation notice stated that it was for 2 years (I didn't agree to this) and that I would be charged a cancellation fee if I cancelled. But when I called to complain / back-out I was assured by the retention dept. that this was a promotional offer not a service agreement, I could cancel at any time, and that as of Feb. 12, 2013 Rogers has stopped applying ECFs to new subscription plans. Is this true? I heard the same story from 2 reps (I called the next day just in case there was a misunderstanding) but I've also read all of the horror stories online.
NEVER TRUST ROGERS WORDS. TRUST ONLY THE CONTRACT.

I can tell you from experience, that no matter what they SAY, they will enforce the CONTRACT in the end, if it's to their benefit. I signed a contract with them by mistake (I said NO, they agreed, but then ended up putting me on contract anyways) - so they gave me a "magic ticket", which said I could cancel at any time without ECF. I called every month for 18 months, to make sure that, which guaranteed me I could cancel without ECF was still there. It always was.

When I went to cancel, I am told that my "No ECF" ticket points to another ticket that I knew nothing about. That ticket says that the "No ECF" ticket is not valid. I didn't end up paying an ECF, but I had to fight them for several months, and it would have been easier just to pay the $450...... Rogers is absolutely untrustable, in every single way. If it says 2 year contract, it's a 2 year contract.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9335 posts
5638 upvotes
:arrowu: gotta agree with that guy
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Apr 7, 2013
2 posts
Thanks for the advice. I ended agreeing with that guy too and cancelled the cable and backed out of the 2 year deal. I'll stick with internet and phone on a month to month basis...that retention dept. is slick though.