578 posts
645 upvotes
Quebec, QC

Hot! Hot! A way to get hulu plus

Ive think ive found a new way to get hulu plus in canada

1-get a free us itunes account
2-fire up your apple tv
3-change apple tv region to us and link your new us itunes account
4-setup dns on your appletv using unblock-us (iam still on my free week)
5-fire up hulu plus on apple tv and subscribe for a one week trial (important use the us itunes account for login info)
6-enjoy

I dont know why but despite the fact that there's no credit card in my us account the trial is working and suposed to bill after 1weeks. You have the choice to autocancel it by using itunes to deactivate the autobilling or continue with a itunes us gift card that you can buy on ebay.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Only works if one has an Apple TV, otherwise its not a good freebie. Sorry...
Blanka
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
It works via iTunes as well. That's how I have my hulu setup. Just need US iTunes Card to subscribe.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Am I missing something? Is there anything new in this thread vs. the other vpn threads/etc? Maybe edit to put 1 week in title
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
How is this a FREEBIE? You still have to pay for Hulu Plus after one week. A better option would be to find the one month Hulu Plus trials (there are some) then use different prepaid cards. It is still not "free" but it is somewhat cheaper (you basically just pay the card activation fee). Until Hulu starts blocking your US IP for abusing the trials.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
I too may be missing something...what is on these US channels that is so great? Or maybe its just that my access to content is so much greater than the average Joe's. These days it seems I'm the "go to" guy for my friends so I can find their content be it domestic or foreign.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: I too may be missing something...what is on these US channels that is so great? Or maybe its just that my access to content is so much greater than the average Joe's. These days it seems I'm the "go to" guy for my friends so I can find their content be it domestic or foreign.
Hulu is basically a youtube with more commericals and more media network content minus user videos. If you missed a show you like watching and can't find it on youtube or ABC/NBC says you aren't from US, you can't watch. Torrent, US proxy is what you need to view US content.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Or XBMC with Project Free TV, Icefilms, etc. seems to work for a lot of my friends.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
torrent. tried and true