Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free 20GB Pogoplug Cloud Storage for life (no file size limit)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2013 5:35 am
Tags:
None
29 replies
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, sounds like from the cnet comments that if you have an existing account you can contact Pogoplug to get it on this extra space too.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
At least Pogoplug is pretty famous, not a random one like Zoolz...
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
May 14, 2012
279 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks!

Just been playing with its iOS app. I like the way how it handles the music library and how it streams the music.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks!

Got an account to store music. I hope the RIAA doesn't hack my account and find the music...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Thanks, sounds like from the cnet comments that if you have an existing account you can contact Pogoplug to get it on this extra space too.
I can confirm this. Asked about increasing my storage from 10gb to 20gb, got a return email the next day and boom, 10gb extra storage in my account. Thanks OP!
Nov 6, 2010
428 posts
53 upvotes
Seattle/Ottawa
domo325 wrote: I can confirm this. Asked about increasing my storage from 10gb to 20gb, got a return email the next day and boom, 10gb extra storage in my account. Thanks OP!
My dad currently has a Pogoplus account and paid for it. I want to get him an additional 10GB. Who did you contact for the additional space? (which email..etc?)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Lucky0810 wrote: My dad currently has a Pogoplus account and paid for it. I want to get him an additional 10GB. Who did you contact for the additional space? (which email..etc?)
Try support@pogoplug.com
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote: Thanks!

Got an account to store music. I hope the RIAA doesn't hack my account and find the music...
You and everyone else, heh.

Thanks OP! Will sign up for this and post to the front page.
Apr 21, 2013
3 posts
NOTE** Make sure to read the Terms of Service for this deal, as it is in conjunction with CBS. I pulled this from the CBSi terms of service. Basically, anything you put up there, they can use however they like:

6. User Submissions

Some of the Services may allow you to submit or transmit audio, video, text, or other materials (collectively, "User Submissions") to or through the Services. When you provide User Submissions, you grant to CBS Interactive, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable license to use, distribute, edit, display, archive, publish, sublicense, perform, reproduce, make available, transmit, broadcast, sell, translate, and create derivative works of those User Submissions, and your name, voice, likeness and other identifying information where part of a User Submission, in any form, media, software, or technology of any kind now known or developed in the future, including, without limitation, for developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your User Submissions.

We respect your ownership of User Submissions. If you owned a User Submission before providing it to us, you will continue owning it after providing it to us, subject to any rights granted in the Terms and any access granted to others. If you delete a User Submission from the Services, our general license to that User Submission will end after a reasonable period of time required for the deletion to take full effect. However, the User Submission may still exist in our backup copies, which are not publicly available. If your User Submission is shared with third parties, those third parties may have retained copies of your User Submissions. In addition, if we made use of your User Submission before you deleted it, we will continue to have the right to make, duplicate, redistribute, and sublicense those pre-existing uses, even after you delete the User Submission. Terminating your account on a Service will not automatically delete your User Submissions.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
epoch500 wrote: NOTE** Make sure to read the Terms of Service for this deal, as it is in conjunction with CBS. I pulled this from the CBSi terms of service. Basically, anything you put up there, they can use however they like:

I think they addressed this in the comments or on their FB or somewhere. I don't think CBS has anything to do with it once you have an account.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
SWEEET

/gotta love perpetual free cloud storage
/MUCHO GRACIAS
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Apr 21, 2013
3 posts
YLSF wrote: I think they addressed this in the comments or on their FB or somewhere. I don't think CBS has anything to do with it once you have an account.
Thanks YLSF - if you can find the link where it states that they don'r, would be grateful. I've been trying to find more info on it, but no luck. I checked their FB page and no dice there, on in the thread here.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
epoch500 wrote: Thanks YLSF - if you can find the link where it states that they don'r, would be grateful. I've been trying to find more info on it, but no luck. I checked their FB page and no dice there, on in the thread here.
Go to the cnet link in the first post... read the comments there.

These 2 comments in particular:

Why is CBS and affiliates mentioned and have to agree to their terms of service. I don't really agree with them being able to use my material (music) without express permission from myself since I am the copyright holder of anything I create. But 20GB free will allow me to hopefully share with my partner of the musical project that I am getting off the ground once again....

shareflaglikereply
pogoplug Apr 16, 2013
@darkenedsoul Not to worry: your material is your own and CBS has no access or right to it. When you agree to the Ts&Cs from CBS, that is only related to your CNET Member account, not your Pogoplug Cloud. These two accounts are entirely separate.

shareflaglikereply