None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham

Networking a Printer/Scanner/Copier ...

I have an older USB Printer/Scanner/Copier ... EPSON CX4200

Currently when I scan or print ... I save the file on my laptop .. and then hookup the USB cable from the printer to the laptop and print/scan ...

My network is via the Cisco DPC-3825 Modem ...

There is a USB Port on the modem but I tried connecting the EPSON to it ... however ... the EPSON is not found on the laptop (wirelessly) ...

What do I need to do to configure the EPSON so that I can print from ANY computer on my network (be it connected wirelessly or via ethernet)???
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
2 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
If you're using a Windows 7 computer just use home groups to share your printer or use Google cloud print to share it across the network. You'll need one computer dedicated for this to work.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
IF USB printer functionality is enabled in the 3825, and I'd be surprised if it is, you have to add the Epson as an TCP/IP printer.

Windows 7
Open Control Panel, Devices and Printers
Choose Add a printer
Add a local printer
Create a new port
Type of port: Standard TCP/IP Port
Hostname or IP address: 192.168.1.1
Make sure that the checkbox to query the printer and select a driver is not checked
Wait until the detection is done. It will say that the device is not found. Don't despair
Choose Custom and then click Settings
Make sure that Protocol Raw is selected and Port 9100 is entered. That will be proposed.
Leave all other settings also as they were and press OK
Click Next.
Choose the printer driver for your printer.
Click Next
Give your printer a name
You don't have to share the printer
Next
You can set it as default printer
Finish
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)